What are these?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by SoGood, Jan 29, 2005.

  1. macrumors regular

    These surfaced on a Chinese Mac forum. Anyone know what they are? Prototype of something?

    Attached Files:

  2. macrumors 65816


    Looks like a power convertor. The plug on the right is for power to the wall, and the plug on the left looks like the power plug on the Mac Mini.
  3. macrumors 68030


    The one on the bottom is the rectangular power brick from an Apple AL Cinema Display.
  4. macrumors regular

    Such a tiny output socket for a Cinema Display? Sure about that? Anyone else able to confirm that?
  5. macrumors 6502a


    Yep it is the power supply of a display
  6. macrumors 68030


    Yeah I can confirm it by looking at my ACD.
  7. macrumors 6502a


    Hand Dryer Blower

    While I do respect the opinions above, I'm going to have to go for hand dryer blowers that go in public restrooms, though the apple would be upside down. :)
  8. macrumors member

    Typically a lcd display panel uses only around 12-16v at most and the most power is for the backlight. Although the screens look huge and power hungry they're quite power efficient. Of course, all efficiency is lost with the transformer though..
  9. macrumors 68000


    To be specific, the bottom is the 150v adapter for the 30" cinema and the top is either for the 20" or the mini. They are pretty much the same.
  10. macrumors 68000


    yeah, i can confirm those are the power adapters for the Cinema Displays. Looks just like mine. And yes, the plug from the monitor to the brick is that small.
    sorry to squash your hopes...

    Lee Tom
  11. macrumors regular

    Thank you all for the ID!
  12. macrumors 604


    And to think we got our hopes up on an Apple iBox from Taiwan factories.
  13. macrumors regular

    Forget it. More and more are being produced on the mainland.

Share This Page