What are these?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by SoGood, Jan 29, 2005.

1. macrumors regular

These surfaced on a Chinese Mac forum. Anyone know what they are? Prototype of something?

Attached Files:

2. macrumors 65816

RBMaraman

Looks like a power convertor. The plug on the right is for power to the wall, and the plug on the left looks like the power plug on the Mac Mini.

3. macrumors 68030

risc

The one on the bottom is the rectangular power brick from an Apple AL Cinema Display.

4. macrumors regular

Such a tiny output socket for a Cinema Display? Sure about that? Anyone else able to confirm that?

5. macrumors 6502a

Hoef

Yep it is the power supply of a display

6. macrumors 68030

risc

Yeah I can confirm it by looking at my ACD.

7. macrumors 6502a

jsalzer

Hand Dryer Blower

While I do respect the opinions above, I'm going to have to go for hand dryer blowers that go in public restrooms, though the apple would be upside down. :)

8. macrumors member

Typically a lcd display panel uses only around 12-16v at most and the most power is for the backlight. Although the screens look huge and power hungry they're quite power efficient. Of course, all efficiency is lost with the transformer though..

9. macrumors 68000

jimsowden

To be specific, the bottom is the 150v adapter for the 30" cinema and the top is either for the 20" or the mini. They are pretty much the same.

10. macrumors 68000

LeeTom

yeah, i can confirm those are the power adapters for the Cinema Displays. Looks just like mine. And yes, the plug from the monitor to the brick is that small.
    sorry to squash your hopes...

Lee Tom

11. macrumors regular

Thank you all for the ID!

12. macrumors 604

Lacero

And to think we got our hopes up on an Apple iBox from Taiwan factories.

13. macrumors regular

Forget it. More and more are being produced on the mainland.