What are you getting for Christmas?

Discussion in 'Community' started by ChicagoMac, Dec 23, 2002.

1. ChicagoMac macrumors regular

Just wondering what everybody got or is getting for Christmas. This is not what your ultimate dream gift is but what you are actually getting (assuming you know). I basically got money which will be going towards that new iMac after January 6th! I also got a few other small things not worth mentioning.

2. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I've been looking for a decent printer and on a whim I went into the local CompUSA and asked them if they had any Epson 2200's around. The salesguy goes into the back and comes out with a huge box - last one! OMG, if you've not heard about these printers they are the best ink jets for the money.

7 color, with a separate cartridge for each, large format, max size 13"x44", archival quaity - the ink is fade proof for 75 years! So its perfect if you want to make digital prints, large digital prints of photos. WooHoo! Merry Xmas to me.
    Its even got firewire :D

Just so you know, they are almost impossible to find - most online places are out of stock and the other ones that might have them are charging $100 more than list.

D

3. Durandal7 macrumors 68040

Same as ChicagoMac actually, money towards whatever iMac Apple throws my way after the keynote :D

4. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

So far I know that I got 2 CDs and a book. The book is Animal Liberation by Peter Singer, and the CDs are Troubador, a Donovan CD and Andy Warhol, by The Velvet Underground (and Nico I believe)

Asked for a turntable. Have a feeling I'm getting a computer.

5. Royal Pineapple macrumors 65816

Royal Pineapple

congrats
    my photo teacher bought one and had to wait 3 months for the delevery, hard to find indeed
    what did it run ya?

6. job macrumors 68040

job

I don't know and I don't want to know.

My father has some stuff in the trunk of his car, but I'll wait to be surprised on the 25th. I did not really ask for anything, so it should be interesting.

With regards to money: I'll probably get some from my mother, even though my job covers most of my needs (i.e. saving for a new computer.)

I also get paid on Christmas. What a nice gift.

My brother is planning on buying MoH:AA and already bought Ghost Recon for both of us. We have been playing Rainbow 6 MP/co-op to death since classes let out for Christmas.

7. AssassinOfGates macrumors 6502

JKII, and a Logitech mouse. the mx 500 or whatever it's called. For dinner... CALAMARI! :D

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

list, $699 - but with extra printer cartridges, paper, tax, etc. a bit more. More than worth it though.

D

10. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

A Christmas gift to all! :)

Attached Files:

11. SilvorX macrumors 68000

SilvorX

Spaceballs DVD..thats all i opened so far
    and it looks like im getting a cd but i dunno wha one (from the feel of it, it looks like its a cd under $10)lol
    thats bout it, o and probably clothes

12. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

washer/dryer combo from parents and work shoes from wife

and cash from various relatives and landscaping or computer clients

but i do miss the santa claus days and those now vintage toys:D

13. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

Re: What are you getting for Christmas?

and come january 6th or 7th, you won't need to shell out as much as you think

really

apple's biggest surprise on emac and imac will be unprecedented low prices...look what they did to their portables and lower prices...especially the sub-grand ibook...a real technological marvel being so durable, portable, and reliable:D

14. ChicagoMac thread starter macrumors regular

I hope you're right about the lower prices. Then I could afford either a new printer or digital camcorder too. And I got some more Christmas money tonight towards my purchase! Of course, a great price and 0% financing on a Honda Pilot would make me rethink the whole thing! I better stop before someone tells me to find the dream car thread.

15. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

Go find the dream car thread!!! Grrrrrrrr...:) ;)

16. yzeater macrumors regular

5 gig iPod
    5 day trip to Vail
    O'Reiley's OSX book
    :)

17. vniow macrumors G4

I got a bag for my laptop, a Logitech wireless mouse/keyboard combo and a USB hub.

And lots of candy.