Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What are you going to do while waiting for Merom?

• Whine like a banshee that Apple is fulfilling my needs in my timeframe.

Votes: 12 11.8%
  • Try to get over the disppointment and do something functional with my life while I patiently wait.

Votes: 37 36.3%
  • Actually buy the system that I need, knowing that technology will always change.

Votes: 22 21.6%
  • Relentlessly flame the OP.

Votes: 31 30.4%

• Total voters

j26

macrumors 68000
Mar 30, 2005
Paddyland
I'm going to enjoy the Macbook that just arrived today because I got sick of waiting for newer technology and bought earlier this month. Had I just bought a couple of months ago I would have some of the jobs that I was putting on hold pending new computer done by now.

A lesson has been learned. Buy it when you want it and hang the consequences.

Edit: Have to get used to the keyboard, so typos corrected

kjr39

macrumors 6502
Nov 26, 2004
Wait.

The only reason I need it will be for PS3, so I don't mind living on my iBook until then.

ZoomZoomZoom

macrumors 6502a
May 2, 2005
Maybe 1 more week, and then I'm going for a C2D 24'' iMac. The kernal panics are getting ridiculous on my PB now, but I refuse to buy something that will be updated relatively soon.

If they release new ones next week, I'll be a happy man. If they do nothing but a processor swap, somebody's going to get a hurtin'.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
In the great internet salad bowl, threads on Merom disappointment are the electronic equivalent of that red "lettuce" that nobody really eats. They're out there because initially you think it will look good and add some vibrancy, but in the end all that results is a bad taste in your mouth.

;)

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
Hmm.. my wife LOVES radicchio.

dogeyes_s.gif

I had to go with #1, because that's the funniest one I consistantly read.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
i'm just going to buy one when i have the money in a few short weeks :)

don't give a flying fish if they've got moron inside™ or not - it's not enough of an increase in performance to care. and FTR, i'm not using it for adium and safari, i'm going to be using it for shake, after effects etc. something better will come out after you buy something so it's useless complaining and complaining and never buying, you'll just get hurt (when the Demis suddenly unleash the "scary man eating frog of Merom doom" if too many more people whine about the situation).. ;)

IlluminatedSage

macrumors 68000
Aug 1, 2000
ill use my powerbook 1.25

hey i just feel like apple is about to make some real substantive changes. my hope also is for a new case for the macbook pro and blu-ray

gunpowda

macrumors member
Oct 31, 2004
Can someone make a page that notified everybody when/if the new MBPs come out, and perhaps sends an e-mail? That would be great.

emw

macrumors G4
Aug 2, 2004
gunpowda said:
Can someone make a page that notified everybody when/if the new MBPs come out...
Actually, that's a fantastic idea. Perhaps even build a page that includes not just information on the new MBP, but even on other products. Or rumored products. And software, too, since people are also interested in that.

Maybe in time they could set up some sort of chat or discussions on the stuff that's coming out. Eventually you'd even have a forum of some sort dedicated to Mac-related stuff and even some just general banter.

That would be great.

risc

macrumors 68030
Jul 23, 2004
Melbourne, Australia
I chucked my MacBook Pro on eBay and 2 days ago I bought an iMac Core 2 Duo. Now I'll just wait until the Santa Rosa machines are released and if the 15" includes what I want (FW800, dual layer burner) I'll consider buying another 1.

Unorthodox

macrumors 65816
Mar 3, 2006
Not at the beach...
Relentlessly flame the OP all the way.

Lets get started.

OMG!!1!11!!!1 YOU SUX WITH YOU THRED MAKE!!1!!
THEIR LIKE 2,38,29,24 THING ABOUT THIS!!
I HATE YOU AND YOU FRIDGe StoP WITH THEEES>!

Hows that?
Maybe I should just whine like a shee instead.....

ckodonnell

macrumors member
Aug 29, 2006
It would be great.

emw said:
Actually, that's a fantastic idea. Perhaps even build a page that includes not just information on the new MBP, but even on other products. Or rumored products. And software, too, since people are also interested in that.

Maybe in time they could set up some sort of chat or discussions on the stuff that's coming out. Eventually you'd even have a forum of some sort dedicated to Mac-related stuff and even some just general banter.

That would be great.

Scottyk9

macrumors 6502a
Jun 18, 2004
Canada
emw said:

That would be great.

dare to dream....

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.