Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Savor

Suspended
Jun 18, 2010
Since realizing how much I underrated 80's movies, I got back into listening to some of them like songs from The Cutting Crew (after Hot Tub Time Machine), John Waite (after Warm Bodies), and Crowded House. I had John Waite's "Missing You" for years now. I just appreciate more if I see some of them in a movie as it fits the scene and creates another visual memory for me.

But yeah, 80's movies were just as fun as their music! 1989 is my new favorite year in movies. I think I overrated 90's movies esp the overrated 1999 (my high school graduating class). The 80's rules all in both fun music and fun movies.

Reactions: decafjava

mobilehaathi

macrumors G3
Aug 19, 2008
The Anthropocene
Danger_Mouse_&_Daniele_Luppi_-_Rome.png

decafjava

macrumors 603
Feb 7, 2011
Geneva
Ok, despite some of the mixed opinions about Apple Music and Beats 1 I must say I really like The Alligator Hour with Joshua Homme. I like the music he plays and the banter. Today a Halloween type theme with a strange mix from Radiohead, KC and the Sunshine Band, and now Eagles of Death Metal.

Scepticalscribe

macrumors Ivy Bridge
Jul 29, 2008
In a coffee shop.
A blast from the past: A classic - nay, seminal - album (one of those 'concept' albums) from the 60s, by a group called "The Moody Blues". The album - and I have @JamesMike to thank for the reminder as this was an album I had long liked a lot, but haven't listened to in an age - a terrific album - is called "Days Of Future Passed".

Reactions: pachyderm

AustinIllini

macrumors G5
Oct 20, 2011
Austin, TX
Well, I don't know the music, (in fact, I have never heard of the group), but that is a beautiful album cover and sleeve art.
He's a former drummer of the popular band "Fleet Foxes". He left in 2012 and did his first album. This one is his second.

Warning, some language. The above is his most popular song. The below song is his best, IMHO.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.