What Are You Paying for Gas?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by stevento, Apr 21, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

stevento

I paid $4.13 /gal today :eek::confused:
    I know I've said this before, but I don't know how much longer this can continue.

2. macrumors G5

yg17

$3.59.

It's $3.39 around here, but the GTI wants premium, and what the 'dub wants, the 'dub gets :D

3. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

4. macrumors 6502a

it's here to stay, and I'm somewhat glad. I hope it goes even higher; less SUVs on the street, more pressure for superior alternative energy sources, more reason for improved public transportation and social/political awareness.

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

when people say "im glad prices are high because it'll push us to be more green" i ask them "what about the economy?"
    its not like our current president is going to do anything about it

6. macrumors 6502a

trebblekicked

i haven't filled up in two months. when i did i think it was in the 3.40 range, maybe?

the shell by my house is up to 3.89 for regular, 4.15 for premium.

biking > walking > public transportation > driving :)

7. macrumors 603

I kind of hope gas gets to like 6 bucks a gallon just so it ****s over everyone who voted for Bush twice.

Oh, and it was $3.31 when I filled up on Friday.

8. macrumors 68020

miloblithe

Why would gas prices drop? Barring an explosion in supply or a decrease in demand, gas prices will go up.

People need to understand and accept this, and behave accordingly.

9. thread starter macrumors 6502

stevento

what about the 52% of us that knew his presidency was a bad idea in the first place?

well we have two oil CEOs in the white house right now, so its no wonder gas went from $1.40 to $4 a gallon. and thankfully they are on their way out.

10. macrumors G5

ucfgrad93

Yep, its all Bush's fault. But you forgot the rest of your reply....you know, the part where Hillary will make it all better.:rolleyes:

11. macrumors 603

they shouldn't have nominated such ****** candidates who lost to bush.

12. macrumors 68020

Gelfin

It's all Dean's fault. He said "yeeeah!"

13. macrumors G4

Rodimus Prime

and people wonder why they call people like you clueless. You do relieze no matter who was in office gas prices would be there they are at. Hell it is a safe bet if a dem was in office prices would be HIGHER. not cheaper.....

14. macrumors 65816

faintember

I thought it was "yeeeah!"

Anyways, $3.69 here for mid grade.

15. macrumors 65816

tMac85

paid 3.48 today.

i cant seem to fill up. i think spending only 25 bucks at a time helps easy the pain.

16. macrumors 68020

Gelfin

You're right. Noted.

17. macrumors 65816

faintember

It doesn't happen often. With the way Dean said it the true sound he made was pretty indiscernible; I wasn't attempting to correct with malice.

18. macrumors 68000

hulugu

The economy is sputtering because of more than higher gas prices. Ultimately, the rising price in gasoline is a temporary problem while making alternative energy sources suddenly cheaper and necessary. This will be a Good Thing in the long-term.

That's the trouble with Democracy, you sometimes have to suffer with the majority's mistakes. You don't get to pick and choose, which is why we need an active voting public.

19. macrumors 604

CalBoy

Imagine the economy 30 years from now when oil is not a viable source of energy for the vast majority of the world's machinery.

Isn't it better for us to deal with this problem while we can and develop other fuel sources (more specifically renewable ones)?

That to me is a much better economic plan than hoping for OPEC to suddenly boost supply or for the Dollar to suddenly make a magical rebound.

As much as I despise this current administration, you simply can't blame fluctuations in the economy and a volatile commodity on a single person. Considering what little power US presidents have over economics relative to the executives of other economically advanced democracies, the only people you can blame for high gas prices are the oil producers and the ignorant consumers themselves.

Gluttony is rarely, if ever, sustainable.

20. Ugg
    macrumors 68000

Ugg

It's about 3.79 here. I haven't filled up for a few weeks though. I just bought a new bicycle with the money I've saved on gas over the last few months.

High fuel prices are here to stay. Get used to it.

21. macrumors Core

it was 3.69 for me today.

its only going to get worse, and i can see the economy getting very bad because of this.

22. macrumors 68020

Gelfin

None inferred. Either way, it just all seems so silly in retrospect, doesn't it?

23. macrumors 65816

faintember

Glad that is the case; I just wanted to clarify. :)

I was thinking about this a few days ago. If that small sound bite didn't get the spin that it did, things may have been very different today. Either way it is amazing/disturbing what the MSM decides to pick up and run with.

And I'll stop going OT now.:D

24. macrumors 68000

I paid $3.77 for mid grade here in Connecticut on Friday. 3.77 X 24 gallons = 90.48. I also get 14/16mpg. :eek:

Thank god I don't have to pay for my own gas!!!!!!

25. macrumors Core

MacNut

Well how much will that cost in the mean time. It wont be a cheap turn around. Everyone will have to buy new cars, turning around the transportation system will cost a lot more if it is done all at once then if it is phased in over a 20 year period.

Yes higher prices, because some of us have to travel regardless of the price. Screw the people lets teach them a lesson right?
    Eventually you will hit the real world.:rolleyes: