What are YOU SUPPOSED to be doing RIGHT NOW?

Discussion in 'Community' started by SFVCyclone, May 19, 2005.

1. SFVCyclone macrumors 6502a

Well as i can see that a lot of people are at work, what are you actually supposed to be doing right now instead of being in MR? as for me im supposed to be archiving, but between jobs i log on here.

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

I'm supposed to be writing to my parents and various embassies & govt. agencies, making lists, doing some online shopping of furniture, planning my work for tomorrow and the weekend.

But instead I'm drinking Chilean Cabernet, listening to my iPod and writing here.

It's not a tough choice.

3. SFVCyclone thread starter macrumors 6502a

LOL i agree.

4. Savage Henry macrumors 65816

Savage Henry

in a one horse, two house, three pub town.
    Quality time with my lady .... :eek:

But seeing as she's watching a documentary on which Wildebeasts are giving birth, I think she could go a bit further with her efforts as well !!

5. jrv3034 macrumors 6502a

Yeah, I should be entering data into our system at work, but I'd much rather be here. Thankfully, they're pretty lax about internet usage in my office. ;)

6. jsw Moderator emeritus

jsw

Learning XSLT & SVG.

Instead, I went to Episode III and came back to browse here.

7. Deefuzz macrumors 6502a

Deefuzz

supposed to be doing work of some fashion, but I just stare at my desk...

8. Maxiseller macrumors 6502a

Maxiseller

I am supposed to be working on some projects for University.

Its much for fun watching TV and putting posts on here from the confort of my armchair!

9. noel4r macrumors 6502a

Should be inputting data, instead I'm posting here and daydreaming about the PM G5 I received a couple of days ago but wont be able to set up until this weekend...

10. emw macrumors G4

emw

Checking on some new proofer calibrations and running some process control charts. Zzzzzz.

11. sjpetry macrumors 65816

sjpetry

12. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

I should be reconciling invoices and purchase orders. Hmmm. It's 4:58. Guess they'll have to wait until tomorrow :p

13. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

Me too... best be off then! ;)

14. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

Studying for my last final.

ENCE340 Geotech/Soils

Yes...my last one. Too bad its tomorrow 8AM, and I've just come back from my exam from 1:30-3:30PM today.

Translation: Brain is pooped.

15. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Nothing, I am a teacher and out for the summer. Of course I have to pick up some credit hours this summer, but that is about it.

16. Zenith macrumors 6502

Zenith

Practice the piano. Compose some tunes for the studio recordings next weekend, make four webpages for various clients, practice drums for final exams, or simply just organize my life in order to know what to do next!

Having a good schedule means everything these days. May can be a tough month when being a student and working part time. I had an incredibly hard day today, mostly because I feel like having too much to do. And it's all because I don't have everything scheduled correctly. I only end up thinking about all the work waiting for me, and worst of all - during the time I actually could relax and do nothing. Or just browse MR, like now.

17. Balin64 macrumors 6502a

Balin64

Organizing my Design files

I have a routine back up I have to make... I design all graphics/media for my company; they all think I am the "creative, emotional, moody" guy at the company so they leave me all alone...

...I also pretty much manage the theatre they lease, so between my esoteric corner, and the escape to the theatre, I can do whatever I want during slow times..

Anyway, my employer's only quirk is that he wants all my work backed up; I think it makes him nervous that all the company's creative stuff fits in my messenger bag: a 12" PB and a LaCie Porsche portable. For some reason, it makes him feel better that the work is on the loud, huge server. So every month I have to back it up, in folders, all neat-like.

But, instead I am on MacRumors, listening to Damien Rice's "O", ripping 3 NetFlix DVD's I received today, which I will promptly drop back in the mail bin at the end of the day. They don't even care I rip DVD's at work. They're pretty cool... okay, back to slacking.

18. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

Should be doing my homework, but really now... :p

19. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

i should be at my desk designing some proposal collateral, instead i'm at home getting high.

oops!

20. Mav451 macrumors 68000

Mav451

You can't be serious... hahah

Great thread though. emw's sig says it in a nutshell though...

21. iGary Guest

iGary

Should be taking out the trash, taking my bike off the car, folding the laundry the other half left on the bed, vacuuming the house and getting chores done before the weekend.

I took a Vicodin and posted here instead.

It's my boss' fault. he ruined my day.

Again. :rolleyes:

22. brap macrumors 68000

I have my last exam tomorrow too, 2pm BST...

HI709: British social history, 1815-1915. Should be revising, instead -- I've just been playing OpenTTD, reading Tom's, tweaking my PC (you heard right), pretty much everything but revision. Oops.

23. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It seems that most have very understanding employers.

At the moment I'm doing just what's expected.

24. wrldwzrd89 macrumors G5

wrldwzrd89

I'm free at this moment. Nobody will care if I post here now. I work in the mornings, and I will be starting summer classes at college the week of June 13, 2005, in the evening - leaving a block of time open in the middle of the day for MacRumors activity.

25. dhracer88 macrumors regular

I'm should be working on that math final that is due by midnight tonight (internet class-math 128). Only 30 more problems, then I can go look at bike parts (just broke my fork and need a new one for cheap).

JM