What are you waiting for?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by tjwett, Sep 3, 2002.

1. tjwett macrumors 68000

May 6, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    With the slow but steady stream of apps making their way into OS X land I'm realising that alot of software I use daily still may be a long way off, leaving me working mostly in OS9. These are some of the major ones that I'm waiting for...

NI Absynth
    NI Reaktor
    NI FM7
    Spektral Delay

So what are you guys waiting for?
  2. GrizzlyHippo macrumors member

Jul 17, 2002
    on the sofa
    one word...

I hate the software, but it is still the industry standard. No matter how good InDesign is, it uses a lot of resources compared to Quark.

Once I get Quark X, that will be my last upgrade of Quark...ever...hopefully.

3. Solipsys macrumors member

Jul 10, 2001
    MAX/MSP/Jitter and Cubase SX

Once these are out for X... goodbye 9.

Unfortunately Max is going to be a long time coming... there's just so many 3rd party objects and low-level functions that need to be converted to the new operating system. I'm hoping it's out in beta at least by the end of this year, and I certainly hope they're working on the OSX port more than the Windows port!

P.S. I wouldn't hold my breath for Reaktor to come out for OSX anytime soon ;)
  4. tjwett thread starter macrumors 68000

May 6, 2002
    Brooklyn, NYC
    Re: MAX/MSP/Jitter and Cubase SX

have you heard something? i hear Absynth will be done by early '03. i just assumed the same for Reaktor. well if it ever gets hear i hope it is
  5. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
  6. Hemingray macrumors 68030

Jan 9, 2002
    Ha ha haaa!

Just kidding. :D

Quark's the only one I'm waiting for, and even that hasn't prevented me from booting solely into X. 10.2 is niiiiiiiice.
  7. Solipsys macrumors member

Jul 10, 2001
    Re: Re: MAX/MSP/Jitter and Cubase SX

I was really disappointed when NI bought Absynth from the original programmer. It started on the Mac and is a pretty unique synth. NI is all about Windows... Mac ports seem like an afterthought to them. They even said this in a reply to me once asking about when Reaktor 3 would be released. Early '03 sounds reasonable though for something to appear from NI that is OSX native, but that just seems so long away :)

As far as "Dongle-Free", NI has some of the most drastic anti-piracy techniques that I know of. I think it was the Pro-52 CD that had drillmarks to prevent you from burning a proper CD image of it. I had never seen that one before.
  8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Jun 25, 2002
    Gone but not forgotten.
    I laughed when I went to the Apple Store opening in Tampa, FL and they had a brand new box with Fontographer 4.1 there as if it were a currently-developed product. :D

I suppose Macromedia is going to have to do something with it now.