What are your current OS X themes?

Discussion in 'Mac Scene' started by NusuniAdmin, Jun 11, 2004.

1. NusuniAdmin macrumors 6502a

NusuniAdmin

Right now I have the theme Titanium5 on, and the candybar set, smoothicons. I am just curious what everyone else uses...

2. blue&whiteman macrumors 65816

blue&whiteman

I use the Smooth Stripes theme applied with themechanger. I switched ffrom shapeshifter after your advice to do so. I should have used tc in the first place and not bought ss. :)

3. MoparShaha macrumors 68000

MoparShaha

I usually switch between Xi-SoftCandy, AquaPro, and Jaguar (call me sentimental ;)).

4. mac15 macrumors 68040

mac15

5. michaelrjohnson macrumors 68020

Aqua ;)

But my next favorite is Milk, by Max Rudberg. Gotta love Max's themes.

6. reaper macrumors 6502

Coming from windows, the standard aqua look is enough for me right now... maybe I'll get tired of it the more I use it, but I think it's a clean, refined look that is hard to top. :)

- reaper

7. ToastCabbit macrumors member

I confess!

I admit it! I use a flamboyant theme that's colorful and bright! (When I'm on the other computer, i.e.) :(

I use ShapeShifter with Flagship!!! :'( :eek:

8. Oirectine macrumors regular

Oirectine

Well, I don't use ShapeShifter any more. When I did, I prefered the themes that were close to Aqua, with only minor changes (square corners, all-aqua min/max close buttons, no stripes...). There were a couple I would switch from, I know one was called "SmoothStripes" which was already mentioned, I also used "AquaExtreme" sometimes.

However, when I reinstalled OS X because of stability issues, I decided not to install things that messed with the system. Bye bye ShapeShifter :(

9. laserbeahm macrumors member

What kills me is that I have a friend who is a big Windows user. He has always ragged on Macs. I have come to find out that this guy has his computer set up to look like Mac OS X. He even has something that looks just like the dock. Horrible.

10. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

Aqua is good enough for me, but with Graphite appearance and Orange highlight colouring...

11. Espnetboy3 macrumors 6502

yea i just bought shapeshifter a few weeks ago and have been running shinobee , im in love with it

12. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

I like DSX.

Attached Files:

13. pooky macrumors 6502

Post more screenshots! The name of a theme doesn't say much if you don't already know it.

Links too, if you want to be really nice!

14. theimacguy macrumors regular

theimacguy

Looks like XP via Mac OS XP and Skin A Dock :D

Attached Files:

15. King Cobra macrumors 603

That's some yummy looking blue metal and attractive sky blue you have there...but, damn, that's a pixelated screenshot.

16. Krizoitz macrumors 6502a

Krizoitz

This makes me want to cry :eek:

17. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

funnily enough...

i dont' mind the Mac OSXP theme for some reason... the blue just looks really nice. :)

i was using SIRO, up until i re-installed OS X this morning. i'll post a pic once i get everything set up properly again.

18. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

keep it nice, very nice...

i just figured out how to make my own icons. Only made these two for my two partitions...

19. nuclearwinter macrumors regular

nuclearwinter

I'm with you. After X.3.4, I decided not to use shapeshifter anymore. I still don't trust anything that messes with system appearance after the disasters I witnessed while still under the banner of Windoze XP, ugh....(shudders)

20. ToastCabbit macrumors member

shapeshifter problem?

Sorry to take this off-topic, but have any Mac users personally experienced problems with ShapeShifter? I thought it was supposed to be so great b/c it didn't mess with things. I hadn't heard of any trouble before this.... :confused:

And here's the link to the Flagship 2.0 theme; sorry I didn't put it in before – http://www.topsydesigns.com/downloads/index.html

21. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

When I saw this it reminded me of the kernel panic screen. :eek: Not that I like kernal panics, but for a crash screen, it is a fine, fine looking one. :) Much better than any blue-screen of death.

22. markjones05 macrumors 6502a

markjones05

23. King Cobra macrumors 603

I find out about them from whatever screenshots appeal to me. Usually I see something that catches my eye from over at the MacSnaps discussion forums over at www.funmac.com ... Given that the person w/the screenshot provided a link to the theme, I get it from the link. Otherwise, I go to ResExcellence and hunt down the theme.

Oh, and mkrishnan, if my Shinobi dialog reminded you of a kernel panic, then you need to take better damn care of your computer. [​IMG] [​IMG]