What are your favorite headphones?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by ziggadabuzz, Oct 19, 2006.

1. ziggadabuzz macrumors newbie

Which headphones do you personally find the most comfortable? I sleep with my headphones in most nights and my iPod on a sleep timer. Just curious about other people's opinions...

2. archurban macrumors 6502a

archurban

it's good question. I have bunch of earphones, headphones like shure E2C, Bose Quiet Comfort 2, Sennheiser PX 200, sport MX75.....

but Apple new earphone is most comfortable. yeah, it's strange. :p

3. lapalapalapa5 macrumors newbie

i love my Bose Quiet Comfort 2 headphones!! they rock, awesome sound awesome base and so comfy!!

4. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

Koss PortaPros are pretty amazing for their value. Highly recommended!

Joshua.

5. apunkrockmonk macrumors 6502a

apunkrockmonk

I agree, apple's new headphones are amazing. Very comfortable and easily sound 10x better then the old pack ins.

(Maybe mine were broken).

The old ones used to hurt my ears too... the new ones are great though.

6. miniConvert macrumors 68040

miniConvert

The little sennheiser ones they sell on the Apple site. They're fantastic. I bought them to try and make my Sony A1000 actually sound good, which they did... now I use them on my Nano, which sounds awesome.

7. MacinJosh macrumors 6502a

Apple's new headphones don't fit into my ear well so I can't even jog with them on. But it doesn't matter because they sound like total *****. Maybe I'm too much of an audiophile but I can't bear to listen to them. Lows are just garbled.

If I compare Apple's headphone to PortaPros, it's like watching old analog TV with bad reception (Apple's headphones) versus HDTV (Koss PortaPros).

The Apple headphones aren't faulty. All cheaper headphones sound like that to me (I know, I went shopping and tried everyone off the shelf).

Joshua.

8. pianoman macrumors 68000

pianoman

i have the Apple in-ear headphones for working out and a pair of Sony noise-cancelling ones for my electric piano and travel.

9. monke macrumors 65816

monke

I tried find a pair of some Sony Noise Cancelling headphones, got them home, tried them on and absolutely hated them.

Now I have a pair of Shure e2c's which are amazing. I didn't realize how bad the Apple headphones were until I put the Shure's on. It's like light and day now.

10. Quboid macrumors 6502

My personal favourites are the Sony MDR-EX81LP Bud-Style Stereo Earphones, they are the by far the most comfortable i've owned and they sound AMAZINING!!, i can almost say they were the perfect pair of headphones. Little things like the extra base, the perfect lenght of the cord from one ear to the other, three diffferent sized changable buds, etc.

THe only reasons i dont call them perfect are:
    1. the noise cancelling can be dangerous depending on where you are.
    2. The cord (wire coating) is pretty soft. (i rolled my chair on mines and that was the end of it).

Nice head fones, buy them. Just be carefull with them.

http://www.amazon.com/Sony-MDR-EX81..._10/102-9057270-1045722?ie=UTF8&s=electronics

11. Warbrain macrumors 603

Warbrain

I've got these Philips in-ear headphones that are white and come with a nice silicone case. I know they cost 20 dollars at Target, but they have the best sound that I've ever gotten for 20 bucks and are great for almost any situation. Great bass, great overall sound, and block out the noise of the el very well.

12. Dissident macrumors newbie

I'm liking my Sennheiser px-100's. They sound great and are ridiculously comfortable.

13. askthedust macrumors regular

askthedust

headphones

I have 2 pair that take a little postioning but like the sound:

Sony MDR V700DJ
    Heavy but have great sound. I heard some other people talk about them being breakable but haven't had a problem. They opened more of the music with their broader frequency range.

AKG K24P
    These I leave at work they have the same adjustable fit as the 700's above but weigh just a fraction of them.

What I am eagerly anticipating is the new pair of MDR-D777 from sony that boast the over ear design of triport's and the frequency range of german imports without the super insane price tag..

14. slackersonly macrumors 6502a

slackersonly

This is a no answer topic.
    Three factors are in play that differ greatly by person: ear size/shape, usage (casual or athletic), and audiophile desire.
    This would be like asking which pair of glasses is best.

15. Jschultz macrumors 6502a

Jschultz

the problem I've found with those and the EX-71's, is that they have crappy build quality. I went through 3 pairs (thank goodness for extended warranties) within a year. And let me tell you, I'm not hard on headphones, by any means. I decided to bite the bullet and get a decent set of 'phones so I got the Shure E3c's from my work (CC), and couldn't be happier. I take them everywhere, and they have no indication of ever giving in.

16. dextertangocci macrumors 68000