what are your hobbies?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, Jun 24, 2002.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

i am a pc tech in one of my jobs i have...i own my own pc repair business...i used to do computers as a hobby, but that is not so healthy given my current occupation...variety is the spice of life

my main hobby is boating and model boating...i have a 12 foot fishing skiff and i also build 1-2 foot balsa wood models of fishing vessels

i used to play music a lot (25 years) and now i just have one electric guitar (esp/ltd viper 301) and no amp

wine and beer tasting are definitely a hobby and i like light beers these days and i like cabernet sauvignon/bordeaux...burgundy and pinot noir are also fine wines

on the weekends, i like to visit the farm animals...a donkey, four goats, a pot bellied big, an 18 lb wild turkey, a tame banny chicken, and a growing emu chick

and to top it all off, i go to mall bookstores while my wife (also a techie) shops for clothes...and more clothes

2. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

Obviouslly- making short films

Then I have interest in watches, guitars, art (mostly comic book art!)

But I have enjoyed riding my bike alot lately...got chased by a dog yesterday...

3. jefhatfield thread starter Retired

jefhatfield

then maybe you can have backtothemac ride shotgun with you:p

4. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

My musical hobbies are doing Sound Engerneering for live gigs, although I am not all that into Classical music I am doing a major gig for a contempory classical music festival later this year (a wicked 12kilowatt system, can't wait :))

Other that that I enjoy Cycling (speed) and Go-karting (Anyway one fancy a MacRumors Go karting challenge :))

Ensign

5. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

My hobbies.....

Macs (obviously :p)

I really enjoy reading. Right now i'm reading Harry Potter - Und Die Kammer Des Schreckens (sorry, i can't remember the exact name in english), and Valhalla Rising, by Clive Cussler.

I also like to try and keep fit. For the past few weeks i've been going for a bike ride every day, and then working out in the evening. I'm going to *try* to keep it up. I certaintly feel much better than i did before is started doing this.

A more long-term hobby is travelling. I absolutely love going to a new country, where i've never been before, and seeing how different things are to other places.

6. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

fine art, chess, modying out my ride, reading, hanging out, messing with drunk friends, playing my guitar, lifting wieghts, cruising with the top down jamming out to some rockin jams etc. etc. etc. blah blah blah

7. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

re: hobbies

ok here goes...

art (duh!)
    exercise (weight lifting & biking)
    yoga (when I make time for it)
    my Mac (naturally)
    reading
    writing
    photography
    traveling & exploring
    music (don't actually play an instrument, but love music in general)
    driving around the city checking out the architecture
    red wines (yes, it's something I enjoy, thus a hobby)
    ethnic foods (I love trying new stuff)
    Garbage Pail Kids (I revived my childhood memories last year)

I recently became involved with a new art gallery as well, so now I have that on my plate...

plus I'm working on finishing up my college education...not really a hobby, but something I'm dedicated to...

8. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

hey jef!

I noticed your new sig...

do u have a happy dance prepared for your 2nd birthday & 2000 posts?? :D

9. iGav macrumors G3

My interests when I'm not working......???? that's a toughie as design is my life even when I'm not doing it I wish I was......

Well apart from designing I like mountain biking..... although at the moment I don't have a mountain bike.... but hey that's only a minor problem.... I love driving as well..... although I don't own a car either so that too, does somewhat spoil the enjoyment........ if I get the chance I like to do abit of strumming on the old guitar...... but I don't own a guitar either at the moment as I sold my Rickenbacker... a move that I now greatly regret......

I love Strongbow..... the nicest alcoholic beverage in the entire world....... I love going out with my friends...... particularly to the oxo tower in London...... totally cool... although very expensive.... I like going to the Tate Modern every few months to see the latest exhibition........ I love architecture........ and I absolutely love white knuckle rides........ I love lot's of stuff basically......

Oh I also like designing..........:)

10. SoarEyes macrumors member

My hobbies: . . . Rape Murder Rape. . . I like Rape.
    (Australian accent)

11. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

golf, music (going to shows is best), basketball, video games.

making movies. seeing movies. etc. etc.

12. krossfyter macrumors 601

krossfyter

whathe????:eek:

13. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Moxiemike

Well, Aside from Macs and design work, I manage to organize a big art show here in town:

www.fluxpgh.com

I also play music alot and LOVE music and hockey, wine tasting, girls, anything, um, fun. :)

Music-wise, I just got back my PRECIOUS 1969 jazz bass. Had her refinished. She looks great. Tell me what y'all think. :)

Attached Files:

14. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Riding the Harley (duhh :p)
    Photography (mostly b&w)
    Cooking
    Fishing
    Working on computers (besides my job, and side job that is)
    'Tweaking' the game peecee :D (it NEVER ends :eek: )
    Torching newbies here :D:D
    Computer games (waiting for the new UT to hit shelves)
    Spoiling my niece and nephew (getting them both into the Harley/motorcycles :D)
    Cruising around in the black truck (4 wheel drive is great in the snow)

If you list drinking as one of your hobbies, you need some help. I don't drink enough to talk about (I MIGHT go through a 4 or 6 pack (Irish stuff) in a month). Wine TASTING is different, but just drinking is not good (sign of alcoholism).

15. britboy macrumors 68030

britboy

16. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Not surprised, the guy is from Amsterdam... They grow them twisted out there...

17. SoarEyes macrumors member

18. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

so what are your real hobbies?!

19. SoarEyes macrumors member

Real hobbies are Heineken and contemplating life. Free-lance you know you have to do someting to fill the gaps

20. SoarEyes macrumors member

But you’ll have to admit though... when you say it out loud in an australian accent you can’t help but chuckle. hehe

21. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

Being in a drunken stupor doesn't count as contemplating life. :p

22. SoarEyes macrumors member

23. King Cobra macrumors 603

Post 1: I have lots of hobbies.

Post 2: My minor hobbies include astronomy, Macs, listening to hard music, making up lyrics for songs, and billiards.

Post 3: Astronomy is probably my favorite topic to discuss.

Post 4: There is a small billiard table in our house, but in a small room.

Post 5: My major collecting hobby is coin collecting. I must have about $4000 worth of coins (for once bullion gold is worth while :D), ranging from the one $20 1800s liberty my grandfather gave me, to the newest statehood quarters.

Post 6: But it doesn't mean I need to post this information in separate posts when I can simply edit my first post and add what I need to! :cool:

24. Grokgod macrumors 6502a

Grokgod

TOO MANY hobbies!

Jack of all trades, master of none!

But right now, the predominant hobbie, here she is!

MoxieMike~ thats a great sunburst finish! Love that bass, gimme!
    Dagnan~ I love comics also, what are your fav artists./! Maybe I will post some of my work? in comics that is.

Attached Files:

25. Dignan macrumors 6502a

Dignan

Ive got some comic art on my wall that were all graciously given to me by different people (no one too spectactular I guess, but cool stuff none the less...) Dan fraga, dave finch, tony daniel, mike wieringo, the guy that did impulse comics for a while...brett booth...I think thats all I remember, but I have lots more lying around someplace....And if you wanna see a cool guitar, ill post a pic of a cool guitar....

-D