What are your plans for summer

Discussion in 'Community' started by MacNut, Jun 29, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MacNut macrumors Core

MacNut

Summer vacation season is here and I thought its time to ask if anyone is planning on going anywhere special or just hanging around on your computer all summer on MR.

2. takao macrumors 68040

takao

hm i have two things palnned so far:
    1st: my aunt has invented me and my siser on going to dresden in juli

2nd: games convention in august (yeah playing video games hardly qualifies as going somewhere) in leipzig for 4 days so i've got two shrot trips and otherwise i'm planning on playing some soccer again

3. MacAztec macrumors 68040

MacAztec

football, so next year our team will dominate SoCal (haha look for me in the headlines, QB for my school)

and beach for a little bit, get krunk

4. bartelby macrumors Core

I'm going to Donington for the British MotoGP near the end of next month.
    5 days camping in a field full of, mainly, bikers!
    Great!!
    and that's about it!

5. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

6. efoto macrumors 68030

I have 20 credits of lecture and 4 credits of independant study from July 11 through September 24.

To sum that up, I'll be busting my a** this summer, as has been the course for the last three summers since I started university. The setup stinks for summer when all of my friends are out of session and sunbathing daily at the beach, but it is nice that I only have to listen to lectures for 3 months time :)

Oh, on the weekends I usually head back to GR to visit with all my lazy sunbathing friends, or just do random stuff and try to make Friday-Sunday feel like a mini-summer break every weekend. It's the best I can do :eek:

7. 5300cs macrumors 68000

5300cs

Heading back to Boston for 3 weeks of R&R. I've been in living in Japan for 5 years now and I need to take trips back home every so often.

8. MongoTheGeek macrumors 68040

MongoTheGeek

Its not so much where you are as when you are.
    :)

Well since I am a responsible adult there is work, work and well, more work. I do have a couple of weeks of vacation planned though.

My son is attending the National Boy Scout Jamboree and my vacation is going to be doing merit badge instruction there. I will be teaching part 3 of the electronics merit badge. Binary Logic, Binary Hex Tool Kit, LED circuit Design.

9. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    2 camping trips planned already, a third trip (short backpacking) if we can get another few people to go.. :)

10. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

going to dallas this weekend (last visit before my brother moves back east). then the next weekend i'm moving (down the street). and then the summer can begin and we can try to plan a more exciting trip... to canada or something

11. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

I hate summer so I plan to stay indoors as much as possible. I have lots of freelance work this year so it'll be easy. Oh- and I'm going to my 20th high school reunion.

12. MacNut thread starter macrumors Core

MacNut

How can you hate summer, Its the best time of year.
    I will be spending most of it back at the beach house hopefully working and just enjoying the sun.

13. Nanda Devi macrumors regular

Cool, a fellow backpacker. :)

I've got lots of that planned for this summer. Already did a backpack in Canyonlands in Utah actually, and I'm heading out to Wyoming in a couple weeks for another trip. Planning to set up a "base camp" at 10,500 feet and try to summit a couple of nearby peaks. Can't wait! Another trip for late Sept. is in the initial planning stages (still trying to decide where to go).

So basically I'll be spending the summer counting down the days to my next camping trip and trying not to go crazy at work!

14. krimson macrumors 65816

krimson

Democratic People's Republic of Kalifornia
    im a pseudo backpacker ;) , i haven't really been on a long term trip yet.. ie.. more than 1 days hike away. Im hoping one of my buddies can show me the ropes this summer.

15. CubaTBird macrumors 68020

trying to get a part time job some "freaking" where.. seems everything is taken in my area... and also pysching myself up for college in the fall... :eek:

16. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I'm still looking for a job.

I plan on going to the Apple store more times than is necessary.
    I've already done that...

OT:
    hehe, today I picked up my PowerBook, and was talking to Aaron (best. genius. ever!) about edu discounts on the Shuffle. A clerk kind of took me aside and told me that she had a refreshed one and would hide it in the back until I got paid. :)
    I went back 15 minutes later to get the shuffle. I felt bad about making her hide it for me.
    too many visits to the Apple store.....

also, I plan on sleeping over the summer. Lots and lots of sleep.
    And reality TV shows. The Cut, Beauty and The Geek, queer eye, Blow out. I'm such a dweeb. :rolleyes:

17. Lau Guest

I have a 3 month 'holiday' from my graphic design degree, and I'm gonna do a bit of freelance web design and try and sell the crazy gardening 'zine I made. This will still leave me with a massive overdraft and shortfall for next year, so I'll get a soul destroying office job for most of the summer.

On the upside though, I just spent a great week and a half off with my fiance, who had time off work, and I'm going on a dirt cheap holiday to Barcelona with my best friends in July. Can't wait....

18. Toppa G's macrumors 6502

After a couple weeks of applications, resume distribution, and interviews, I've determined that no one is interested in hiring me for this summer. My folks have said they'll keep me afloat until I go back for my last semester of college in the fall.

So, since I am not doing anything useful besides mowing the grass twice a week :rolleyes:, I decided that some getting-in-shape would be a good plan, so joined a fitness place and work out during the weekdays. My folks also have a hot tub, pontoon boat and a couple wave runners, so that consumes a bunch of the rest of my time. I'm planning on going to Summerfest in Milwaukee next week for a day, and hoping to take a trip east at the end of summer to Cedar Point, Hershey, and Washington DC (I posted a thread somewhere about that).

This summer, relaxation is king! :D

19. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

Just to work, partly caused I moved and have a lot to do that will keep me from traveling for a while, and I am planning on getting what is in the picture. I've got the little car that I decided will meet my needs, but for style, nothing beats the Rune.

[​IMG]

After seeing one, it became the defining vehicle I was looking for. Especially in this climate, and it truly is a work of art. You can read about it here.

The picture is of a concept model, but one that is very close to the production model. I am going to get the Illusion Blue, the tribal style markings just make it that much better though.

20. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

1) Get a job after being a student the last 6 years :eek:
    2) Stay home to save money :eek:
    3) Do a little bit of decorating which we never got to finish last summer because it started raining, and has literally rained until today :mad:
    4) Watch a couple of cats for those in the family who actually can afford to go on holiday :(
    5) Try finishing some stuff I've procrastinated too long... :rolleyes:

21. Ugg macrumors 68000

Ugg

Yosemite and San Luis Obispo the 2nd week of July, New Mexico middle of August to visit some more ruins. I was at Bandelier Nat'l Monument in April and it was awesome, definitely want to see some more. Then up to Minnesota to help with my Mom's moving sale. Ughhhhhh, 40 years of accumulation that needs to be sorted, sold or thrown out. I'm not looking forward to that.

22. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

I'm working at a day camp as a counselor with first graders, where i went to camp for over 10 years... :cool:

23. Eluon macrumors regular

trips trips trips

I am from Texas, but I am visiting New York for 1 month. While here, my friend's mom knows a guy that owns a construction company so he has let me and my 2 friend's work for him for a month to get a lil extra cash.

In July I am going to China for 21 days... other than that... I'm relaxing!

24. leekohler macrumors G5

leekohler

Easily. I'm a really tall ectomorph who has a hard time keeping weight on. The heat wears me out and causes me to become lethargic, which keeps me from lifting weights as often as I should. Hence, I end up losing 5-10 pounds very quickly that took me 3+ months to put on. I act in films from time to time and losing weight in the summer can get very discouraging. I have to work out intensely just to look "normal". Hmm- now that I think about it, maybe I could be in the stage version of The Machinist during the summer months. :)

25. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says...Well, I had a short vacation in May when I went to London so that will tie me over until later in summer....then I think in late August or early September I will go visit my friends in Switzerland again and perhaps add on a short side-trip as well, maybe Oslo or Reykjavik....oh yeah!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.