What are your worst traits?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jefhatfield, Dec 21, 2005.

1. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

in another thread, we looked at what makes individual people exceptional, but what are your worst traits?

i will start

my worst trait ever is that i have too many interests and it makes it hard for me to master anything...i changed majors in undergraduate school twice, in graduate school three times...i was in love with playing electric lead guitar and only got so far in ten years, then switched to acoustic guitar/songwriting for a few years, and now for the past few years, i am enamored with jazz, and maybe not guitar since every instrument sounds better in jazz than guitar does to me in that musical context...i love model building and just as i got to really learn the plastic type, i go and switch to wooden models and i have to start over again...and the list goes on

i may just be a beginner or advanced beginner at best my whole life

i admire the lifelong fisherman, dancer, computer programmer, writer, or whatever and i am in awe of people who can do someting for a long time and never get bored and thus achieve mastery of their subject

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i'm spoiled i like having the best, and i'm used to higher things... i was 18 when i got my first car...a 04 lexus ES330 with nav/ML audio :eek:
    i have a sharp tongue which can be good at time i guess.....
    i'm LD so learning stuff is different, but i guess its a good thing cause it helped me become stronger and not give up easily....

3. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

That can also be an amazing tool for those times you need to slice your food and there is not a knife in sight.

4. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

I always bite off more than I can chew. Like trying to answer the questions posed by both of these threads when I'm already up late, busy with another project.

5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Devious, arrogant, condescending, impatient, emotionally distant, intolerant, bossy...

6. Lacero macrumors 604

Lacero

I would not have guessed from reading your posts... but maybe just a little bit™

Here's to the Crazy Ones [​IMG]

7. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

Probably my best and worst trait is that I am a perfectionist at heart but it drives me so insane that I rarely start anything.

8. After G macrumors 68000

After G

9. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

Completely offtopic but I just noticed that the Think Different poem has been taken down from Apple.com. What a shame.

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Hand stands at the most inappropriate times. It's almost Acrobatic Tourettes Syndrome™ and the real victims are the family members and the taxpayer (many broken light fittings). :(

11. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

A remarkably forthright self-assessment of the worst of Blue Velvet.

12. mpw Guest

I worry about the little things that don't matter and the big things I can't change anyway too much. At least I'm told these are bad traits, personally I'd disagree.

For example I hate people who litter or park badly and has been known to point these failings out to the people and get threatened and assaulted for my community spirit. The little things.

I'd like to see some government level commitment to things like renewable energy and everyone I know agrees but will do nothing about it 'cause 'they' won't listen to 'us'. If everyone I know is 'us' who are 'they' and why can't we make them listen? The big things.

13. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

They're probably my main two as well. Notice too how I quoted someone else rather than type my own, thus emphasising my incredible bone-idleness. :p

14. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

Massive and long lasting bouts of crippling depression. It's freaking nasty, one day I'm fine and then the next day I wake up and can't get out of bed.

Arrogance.
    Feigned superiority as a mask for being totally ****-scared.
    Shyness.

15. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

16. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

HOOKKKK!, so anyway...

My shyness which leads to being misunderstood most of the time. See also this thread.

17. iGary Guest

iGary

Way too much of a cynic.

See the worst in people.

Grudge holder.

Otherwsie, I'm a gem. :D

18. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I'll go with these four: 1. Not readily forgiving ... 2. occasional procrastinator ... 3. setting the bar high for co-workers ... 4. not that much of a socializer.

19. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

i Procrastinate.
    i am a perfectionist. so it takes me longer to comeplete a project than it could/should because i start over and over and over to get it right.
    i don't take as good care of myself as i should.

20. tsaxer macrumors regular

My greatest weakness is that I care too much... :rolleyes:

And yet you typed an explanation that is 6 times longer than the quote:D

I am a horrible procrastinator, but while I'm procrastinating, I accomplish wonderous feats (the house always gets its cleanest when I have stuff due).

21. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

i get attached to things too quickly and too much.

i am always sick.

i don't save enough money.

22. applegirl macrumors regular

applegirl

I'm gullible, I take a lot of crap from people, I make decisions too quickly without thinking them through, I have champagne taste on a beer budget, I'm stubborn, I follow my heart instead of my head.

23. Sathos macrumors regular

I get attached to people too easily and then spend my time worrying that they'll leave me. I'm horribly shy, to the point where I can barely say hello to someone walking past me. I can be rather lazy at times.

24. gallagb macrumors 6502

gallagb