What Bluetooth mice are avaialable?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Bear, Jan 25, 2004.

1. Bear macrumors G3

I'm trying to find out all my options for a bluetooth mouse. What I prefer is 2 buttons + scrollwheel in a relatively normal mouse shape.
    For reference, the Logitech MX-300 has what I consider a relatively normal shape, so is the Apple bluetooth mouse, except of course it is only one button.

So, besides the one button Apple one and the Microsoft one that is a funky shape, what else is about for bluetooth mice?

And of course, this has to work with the internal bluetooth adapters in the Powerbooks and Powermacs.

2. The_Wall macrumors member

MX 900

I use the Logitech MX900 mouse and love it. The back and forward buttons do not work in web pages, but i have them mapped to expose anyways. The quick scroll buttons do work, and the mouse is amazing.

The_Wall

3. Bear thread starter macrumors G3

Re: MX 900

It's not a "normal" shape mouse. I also won't load any mouse driver so only buttons supported by OS X will work. Are the extr buttons supported by OS X? Or does it require loading the logitech driver?

Why do I refuse to load mouse drivers? Well, I have no problem with living with the 2 buttons+scrollwheel. (The scrollwheel acting as a third button.) Also, I've seen too many mouse drivers cause problems for the OS.

4. abhishekit macrumors 65816

abhishekit

another Bt mouse thread...mice r springing evrywhere;;:D
    anyways right now u hv very limited choices..
    1. Logitech..'not normal' according to you..
    2. Belkin..it wd be certainly not normal..
    3. microsft..thats not normal according to me:)

anyways..i read in another thread that macmice.com are going to launch a BT mouse pretty soon..and its as normal as apple mouse..and it has two buttons , scroll , and on/off switch as well..
    i have the bulky one ..oops the belkin one :D its really huge man...but it does well..
    i wd be switching to macmice..whenever they launch

5. Bear thread starter macrumors G3

Thanks for the heads up on the macmice one, O'll check it out when it is released.

We do agree on the microsoft moouse.

Also, the other things is that I want this as a laptop accessory, so the size and shape of it matters for that as well.

6. junior macrumors 6502a

junior

Bluetake Mouse

Do a search. There was a thread on this only a few days ago.
    Anyway, this mouse supports OS X, has 3 buttons, and an on/off switch.
    You have the option of buying mouse only, as opposed to paying for an adaptor as well. It may be too small for some, but unless macmice.com come up with a bluetooth mouse very soon, I'm going to buy this. Don't like the color, but it's great for portability.