what brand are your best shoes?

Discussion in 'Community' started by jefhatfield, May 29, 2003.

1. Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    i used to have a pair of black rockport shoes and they lasted for two years being worn several times a week...they were for dress but i used them for everything

now i usually wear tan rockports or a pair of brown rockport sport walking shoes

when i really need heavy duty shoes, i wear a pair of carolina boots

otherwise, i have pretty much worn no name generic shoes, sandals, or boots
  2. macrumors 68040

Apr 6, 2003
    Pacific Northwest, Seattle, WA actually
  3. macrumors 6502a

Aug 14, 2001
    New Balance (all the way!)

...technically, my best shoes in terms of style/cost are Coach.
  4. thread starter Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    wow, i didn't know coach made shoes...they must be expensive...where i live there is a coach discount outlet and even that is expensive

i wanted to buy my wife a leather jacket there but the prices were too high...so we saved 50% percent and got a less expensive eddie bauer leather jacket which seemed just as good

coach has some really nice stuff but too expensive for me;)
  5. Moderator emeritus

Oct 5, 2001
    San Diego, CA
    My pair of slippers (that's thongs or flip-flops to you haoles). No shoes when I can get away with it. :)
  6. macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    running: saucony

hiking: merrill

boot: blundstone

dress: cole haan

summer: white buckskins

favorite: barefoot
  7. macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    ive been wearing the same new balance shoes since the beginning of 8th grade - almost 3 years now. There is a huge hole in the toe of the left one. I still love them. My foot just gets wet when it rains. :p :D
  8. macrumors G4

Jul 18, 2002
    I accidentally my whole location.
  9. macrumors demi-god

Jan 11, 2002
    Los Angeles
    I have a pair of Dan Post boots that are absolute gorgous. Only wear them for weddings or other special occasions. I have a very nice and comfortable pair of black LLama doe-skin boots that usually go w/my dress attire. For everyday knocking around I either wear my black, square toed HH boots or a dark brown pair of HH Aero Glide 7 boots. For rougher work I recently bought a pair of black Justin boots w/a steel toe and wedge sole. I also have a pair of standard GI combat boots for just kicking around/light work and a pair of 19-hole Doc Martins for those nights on the town. ;)

On the rare occasions I have to wear shoes, not boots, I have a pair of Adida's Samba Classics (my 3rd o 4rth pair) and a pair of NB 608's or something.

10. thread starter Retired

Jul 9, 2000

i prefer a horseshoe:confused:

edit> my wife put that in:p
  11. macrumors 603

Sep 6, 2002
    Houston, TX
    Re: shoe

nails through your feet? wow! [ouch ouch ouch ouch ouch]

i had some rockport boots i wore for awhile. those were damned fine, so comfortable.

i have some timberlines now that wore out way too fast but are very comforatble. oddly, the insoles and insides of the timberlands wore out, but they had the toughest soles. the treads haven't even started wearing out. the Rockports' insides lasted a long time, but the treads are almost worn through. strange twist. i'm in the market for some new shoes.
  12. macrumors 604

Aug 9, 2002
    Springfield, OR (Home of the Simpsons)
    I have a pair of Gore-Tex Dockers (it's very wet here most of the year). They're semi dressy but I love to wear them all the time. They are very well built and are very comfortable after breaking them in. They should last a very very long time and are resoalable.
  13. macrumors 65816

Oct 17, 2002
    Boogie-Down Berlintown
  14. macrumors 6502a

Jul 17, 2001
    Montgomery, AL
    Best Casual Shoes: Clark's Desert Trek

Best Dress Shoes: Tie between Johnston & Murphy lace-ups and Cole-Haan loafers

Best Athletic Shoes: New Balance 574

Best Sandals: Chaco Chongs
  15. macrumors 65816

Oct 30, 2001
    London, UK
    I LOVE my Vans - they're just like big slippers (really comfy...)...

I'm lucky that I can get away with wearing them to work - even when I'm working with some big names (politicians, royalty or celebrities). It keeps me - well - me.

Sometimes, of course, I've got to wear a suit (in which case, black shoes are the norm!)...

16. macrumors 6502a

Oct 12, 2001
    Vans! Black Graphs! Yeah, they're getting beat up but they're super stylish. Works with everything I got
  17. macrumors 604

Jul 16, 2002
    back in NYC!
    I was just wondering, but does anybody wear K-swiss.

I think the commercials are funny. ;)

I love my K-swiss, I love my K-Swiss. :D
  18. macrumors 68040

Jul 23, 2002
    Jobs' Spare Liver Jar
    Let's see...

it depends what I'm doing. I've footwear for everything

Adidas for soccer and running (one each)
    CCM Tacks 652 for ice hockey
    CCM Tacks 452 for inline hockey
    EMS boots for hiking and mucking around
    Timberland brown dressy shoes
    Sketchers black (Italian made) dress shoes
    Vans ragged roomy sneakers for slumming around.
    Airwalk snowboard boots
    Payless crap that cost $20 that I wear to work

I'm going to need some surf shoes for when I build my currach and I've wanted some sandals for awhile.

Damn, my girlfriend's shoe fetish is contagious. When I met her I had two pair (minus the snowboard boots).
  19. macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Just bought a pair of Adio 'Bam V1's' and they're the nutts!!

Also wear..

Accupuncture 'Beefer'
    Accupuncture 'Strap-On'
    NB 802
    Old Skool Adidas thingy's
    Converse 'All Star Hi'
    Tsubo 'Auriga'

Fav pair, that are now sadly dead...

Vans Chuggly... :(
  20. macrumors 6502

Jul 3, 2001
    Vans, multifunctional shoes aight!

And Lowa when hiking.
  21. thread starter Retired

Jul 9, 2000
    that's a collection...for a guy

when i was first married, i also had two pair, now it's five but i refuse to go beyond that...why buy shoes i would never wear since i tend to favor some of them and always wear those while the others get neglected

the payless shoe source shoes that are only 20 dollars are sometimes a good buy, but now that i have developed a pronation or flat feet over the decades, i have to make sure they have adequate arches and many of the payless shoes don't have those

but for the two shoes that i have that don't have arches, i use leather arch supports and they seem to help even though when i am wearing them, they are uncomfortable

overall, i hate the feeling of arches in my shoes but at night, those arches that i put up with in the day keeps away foot pain while i sleep
  22. macrumors 68000

Jan 5, 2003
    I mostly wear tennis shoes. Right now i have a pair of nike. I'm not too picky about what brand of shoe I have.
  23. macrumors 65816

Mar 15, 2003
    In my head
    I hate shopping so I bite the bullet and pay top money for the best 'timeless' footwear so I dont have to trouble the shopkeepers too often. It works out cheaper in the long run too.

Zamberlan walking boots most of the time. 7 years old, and not even a long trek in the Himalayas has hurt them.

Shimano clipless cycling shoes which have done about 20,000kms in the last three years and will last many years to come.
  24. macrumors newbie

Jul 19, 2002
    Probably adidas, but my birkenstocks are completely molded to my feet too.
  25. macrumors 68000

Dec 2, 2002
    The last couple of pairs that I bought have been pretty comfortable.

Lowa for hiking/work
    Sketchers for casual
    New Balance for everything else