What BTO options are available at the Apple Retail Stores?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by SuperChuck, Mar 4, 2005.

1. SuperChuck macrumors 6502

SuperChuck

I'm looking to add to my Mac collection in the near future (specifically an iMac G5), and I wanted to buy from the Apple Retail Store.

At the time that I purchased my Powerbook (nearly a year ago) the only BTO options available for iBooks were Airport & RAM - not internal Bluetooth or hard drive upgrades (which is why I opted for the PB).

Is this still the case? Can you get internal BT on the iMac at an Apple Store? How about hard drive upgrades?

Thanks.

2. CaptainCaveMann macrumors 68000

CaptainCaveMann

None, thats why you have to bto it.

3. Sundance Kid macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

What the Heck does BTO mean?

I would love to help you

really....

4. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

B = Built
    T = To
    O = Order

5. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

If you order it at the apple u get bumped to the head of the line ;)

6. dont24 macrumors regular

I called my local Apple store, in Salem NH, asking about custom built Mac minis. They have an "ultimate" 1.42 version in stock. 512MB memory, Bluetooth, Superdrive, and wireless. Same with the PMs. Dual 2.5 with all the extras. Seems they have the standard built hardware available and the top of the line in each category with all the extras. Any other type of configuration needs to be BTO.

7. alfonsog macrumors regular

alfonsog

I got an iMac G5 20" with BTO bluetooth w/ wireless keyboard and mouse and 512 ram at the Tampa Apple Store.

8. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

In your case it has to do with what the store has in stock at the time of purchase. Occasionally they carry some extra BTO items.

9. m-dogg macrumors 65816

m-dogg

the store near me does carry imacs with built-in BT / BT keyboard / BT mouse packages because that is a popular configuration. They also said they would add RAM at the store if you wanted them to.

Unfortunately, I still had to order mine online because I wanted to bump up to a bigger hard drive, and that was something that they would not do - They told me I had to order online...

Give them a call and see if they have the specs you are looking for in stock.

10. Tuned MP5T macrumors regular

Yep that's the Mini I got with a 20 inch Cinema Display. :)