What cable do i need to connect my MacBook to Plasma?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by LondonGooner, Feb 3, 2007.

1. LondonGooner macrumors regular

This is the Plasma i have
    http://www.pioneer.co.uk/uk/products/archive/PDP-506XDE/index.html

What i want to do is basically be able to watch my Videos from my macbook on my tv. I assume i can only do this if i get a HDMI cable? What are all the cables i need for me to do this?
    Id really apreciate if u could get me some links from the apple online store...and if possible if you know any cheaper 3rd party alternatives that could do the job. thanks

2. swiftaw macrumors 603

swiftaw

Looks like you have several choices. S-video or VGA probably being the best.

I think the macbook has a mini-DVI out, so you'll need either the miniDVI to Video connector, or the miniDVI to VGA connector.

3. LondonGooner thread starter macrumors regular

cool, id prefer getting a VGA one cos that will also work with my PC monitor

what im not sure about is that, will the VGA be able to play audio/video? the user guide for the TV only mentions connecting a PC for still images via the pc slot...

4. butaro macrumors regular

S-Video and VGA are video only, if you TV or soundsystem(if you have one) has an audio in port you can just use the speaker (or audio out mode) port and connect it directly, I use S-Video and hook my speaker port up to my soundsystem.

5. OC Lakerfan macrumors newbie

Mini-toslink to toslink would be your best bet for digital sound.

6. geeserver macrumors newbie

geeserver