What can I do to make my car look better?

Discussion in 'Community' started by thabridawg, Feb 23, 2003.

1. macrumors member

What can I do to make my car look better (besides actually getting a new car)

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hopefully this post won't get deleted, I think it's in the right forum thing? I don't post on any other sites besides macrumors..

2. macrumors 68020

G4scott

I'll give you a list of things you should not do to your car (IMHO)

Don't:
    - Put neon lights anywhere on the car
    - Put a huge aluminum wing on the back of your car.
    - Put 'ghetto' rims on the car (bright, shiny chrome)
    - Plaster it with "SUPER AUTO" or "BAD BOYZ" or any stickers like that.
    - Put on a huge, chrome tip for your tailpipe.

These are just my opinions, but the above make a car seem tacky and tasteless in my opinion, and the opinions of everyone I know...

If you put a spoiler on the back, make it a small spoiler that fits nicely with your car. I see cars like yours with the super 3- wing spoilers, and they hardly go over 55. You have to be going well over 70 to actually feel the effect of a spoiler...

If you get rims, make sure that they blend nicely with the car. Cars with outrageous rims just bug me...

If you put stickers on it, try to limit it to stickers of products you use, like flowmaster, K&N, etc., and of course, Apple...

Another note- don't play with suspension. Don't drop it and get smaller tires... that's just wrong... There's not much I would do to your car to make it look better. It already looks fine to me, but then again, I prefer simplicity when it comes to looks. Maybe that's why I like Macs...

3. thread starter macrumors member

* I dropped it 1.5 inches (just to eliminate the fender gap barely)
    * I have chrome rims (they're stock)\
    * I'm for sure not putting any stickers or graphics on it whatsoever

I am thinking of a subtle spoiler though..

4. macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

for gods sake don't put those little light-up winshield washer clips on... those things are everywhere anymore, annoys the hell out of me.

a subtle spoiler wouldn't be bad...

one missed thing you can do to make it look newer is to use armor-all protectant on all the plastic... fends off UV damage and makes it nice and fresh...

i've always been more concerned with the interior of my car than the exterior... 'course that might be because i drive a lumina...

;)
    pnw

5. macrumors regular

Nice Acura dude. I'd say the easiest thing to do would be just to get nice new rims. Get some performance rims; maybe 16" or 17". Don't get chrome, they look just plain cheezy. In my opinion polished aluminum is it.
    You may also consider getting a front-end car bra to protect the paint from chips.
    If it was my car I'd try to make the enhancements subtle and tasteful. Then again some people might totally pimp it out. When I see cars like that, I just think what a dork.
    Lastly, I think those Xenon headlamps are pretty cool. On a car like yours, they'd be a nice touch. Think about it, coming down the street with those lights. Unmistakable. I'd say it'd even enhance the paint job at night given the right lighting because the car is white.

6. macrumors 65816

Roger1

I would suggest a small custom swoosh, or stripe of some type down the side. Just enough to accent the white.

7. macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me

Some type of stripe. Also those wheels to me are a little bland. More aggresive wheel and more rubber. Nice car! Stripes can make a big difference if done right.

8. macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Actually strippers can make all the difference in how a car looks, thought they do tend to be high maintenance and expensive accessories.

9. job
    macrumors 68040

job

I'm not sure how comfortable the current seats are, but if you want to make your interior look better, you could always go for some custom seats.

Corbeau has some really good ones.

http://www.corbeau.com

I've put a pair of these in my Beetle.

Attached Files:

10. macrumors 68000

MacFan25

You should put a spoiler on there. But, it should go with the car, and not be too big.

11. macrumors 68000

e-coli

12. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

honestly...I really don't get it...the whole thing where it seems every owner of Honda or Acura needs to drop thousands of dollars into making their car look just like everyone else's...

not to say that's what your goal is...but it seems u are feeling a bit of influence by this...?

I'm gonna go with the above reply...

fill it up with beautiful babies... :D ;)

13. macrumors regular

Those are illegal in my state. Actually, I thought they were illegal for street use in EVERY state, but I could be wrong.

What would I do? Just trick out the motor as much as possible, and rape anyone who comes near you. Get yourself some MSD ignition (new wires, distributor, etc), maybe a new cam, cold air induction, etc. If you really have some dough to throw at this car, supercharge it and get a new exhaust system, too. But if you just throw a cherry-bomb on it, I'll kill you. ;) :D I *hate* those glass packers.

14. macrumors G3

Weld the doors shut....

Paint it bright orange....

Apply 01 decals on the doors....

And stick a giant confederate flag thingy on the roof....

Sorted! ;)

15. macrumors 6502a

chibianh

get a nice body kit.. nothing to wild but something that'll streamline with the car. Something like a black widow kit would look nice.

16. macrumors 6502a

markjones05

Just put tints on it. Bigger rims maybe. If it were my car I would spend money on a system before I went all crazy trying to show it off.

17. macrumors 6502

Re: What can I do to make my car look better?

an acura integra looks pbeautiful all by itself, no modding needed. leave the baby alone :p:p dont mess with success :)

18. macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

so how old? like... 2? 3? you sick bastard!

igav-... haha. sorted? go back to the uk! oh wait...

19. macrumors member

20. macrumors 604

scem0

21. Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

he he...wouldn't u like to know... ;)

22. macrumors 65816

Roger1

:D :D How about one of those Darwin plaques I see everywhere??:D :D

Oh, I also have a car seat for the babes. My kids are too old for it:D

23. macrumors G3

Ok DUDE!!........ *titters* :p :p :p

24. macrumors G3

Also if you rip out your front and rear windscreen to match the welded and window less doors, you'll go faster.... :p *groans*

Sorry not much help I know.... :p actually I think it's quite a smart looking car (although I'm no Max Power reader!!) personally I'd be inclined to increase the wheel size and go with ultra low profile rubber..... and then spend the dollars on your interior, but keep it subtle...... less is more and all that Jazz!!

Wicked!! ;)

25. macrumors G3

Maybe rip out your interior entirely....... and stick in a phat roll-cage......

And sort out the engine..... nothing like doing' a incog-smokin' of a Ferrari at the lights.... ;)