What can I do with an iPad?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by MacM4ODA, Jan 31, 2013.

1. macrumors member

i know nothing about them, what can i do with one ? do i need a "subscription service" ?

can i make up a shopping list when needed ?

do i need to or can i down load data from my imac ?

2. simsaladimbamba

Before we iterate all available information, have you looked on the official iPad website yet?

Anyway, in short, you can almost do anything you want with it, if you know its shortcomings in those regards, you do not need a subscription service, you can create shopping lists, you can download almost any data onto your iPad from a Mac or Windows based computer, via Dropbox for example.

3. macrumors member

you can do as much as the apps allow you to, so just search the net for ipad apps that do what you want the ipad to do, like a shopping list app etc. Aside from that the default apps are for social networking, music, movies, and the browser. Everything else you need some app to do it, for example I can use my ipad to plan a flight with an app called ForeFlight it's really good for pilots and the best app i've seen for that purpose.

so in short it can do a lot depending on what you need, it is limited by apple to use iTunes to buy more music and movies but there are ways around that too.

4. macrumors 68000

Thetonyk123

I can't explain it all in one post, it's just so much!

5. Guest

how cute

6. macrumors 6502a

its not what you can do, its what you need it to do that matters..

7. macrumors newbie

This made me laugh :D

8. macrumors regular

that's what she said