Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

ethical

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Dec 22, 2007
Hi guys,

My 30Gb iPod video broke a while back, and I hadnt bothered to do anything with it for ages, until just now. I thought "it might be quite useful having a portable 30Gb drive". Is there any way i can turn this thing into a portable drive, just like a usb stick.

Its a Toshiba MK3008GAL. Is there any use for it? Or should i just throw it in the trash?

Cheers,

Luke

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Hi guys,

My 30Gb iPod video broke a while back, and I hadnt bothered to do anything with it for ages, until just now. I thought "it might be quite useful having a portable 30Gb drive". Is there any way i can turn this thing into a portable drive, just like a usb stick.

Its a Toshiba MK3008GAL. Is there any use for it? Or should i just throw it in the trash?

Cheers,

Luke

if the Ipod is still functional enough, I know you can enable iPods for disk use in iTunes on Macs, I'm fairly certain the same can be done for PCs. It would at least save you the trouble of buying an enclosure.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.