What can i run with a 32mb ATI nexus

Discussion in 'Games' started by wnameth, Jan 21, 2005.

1. wnameth macrumors 65816

wnameth

Hello all, i am going to be receiving a 32mb ATI Nexus graphics card, 1 of my main reasons is so i can have dual monitors, but i have a rage 128 right now, it can't even handle expose'..... Can the nexus do any better?
    Just post replies here, no need for email or pm.
    Thanks

2. benpatient macrumors 68000

in a word? no.

it was a good card in it's day, but that day was 1998. I mean, 3dfx was still making top-dollar graphics cards when that board was released...unless you're talking about something other than what I think you're talking about.

You'll get the dual screen, but unless I'm mistaken, there is a resolution limit of 1280x1024 on any 3D app, and well...let's just say that you can get a Radeon 9200 64MB PCI card that will power 2 displays and be faster. It may not be free, (which i hope is the amount of money you're spending on that dinosaur), but it will work better.

3. wnameth thread starter macrumors 65816

wnameth

thats much better than 640 by 680, which is the best i can get on any game...

4. benpatient macrumors 68000

that's the maximum theoretical 3d screen resolution, not what you could "expect" to play games at. Depending on the game, i guess it might be possible. But we're talking Quake 2, here...