Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

maddogeco

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2008
What can you do with ipod touch bluetooth?
i've heard you can play games over bluetooth and user bluetooth head phones. But what about cool and useful stuff like bluetooth sync (i hate cables)? or possible bluetooth head sets and bluetooth car stereo connections or maybe even the ability to use it like a bluetooth memory stick to take files with you?
Is any of the doable with an app or doesn't apple want us to have a useful toy?

Feb 15, 2009
Boston, MA
What can you do with ipod touch bluetooth?
i've heard you can play games over bluetooth and user bluetooth head phones. But what about cool and useful stuff like bluetooth sync (i hate cables)? or possible bluetooth head sets and bluetooth car stereo connections or maybe even the ability to use it like a bluetooth memory stick to take files with you?
Is any of the doable with an app or doesn't apple want us to have a useful toy?

You can only connect to head sets and other devices. However, there is no way to sync over bluetooth or even connect it to a computer (at least not yet):)

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
I want to be able to pair my iPod touch to my phones bluetooth to browse the interwebz and sync contacts and calenders.

maddogeco

macrumors member
Original poster
May 11, 2008
yeah the biggest reason why i updated was to get bluetooth/itunes sync

nateo200

macrumors 68030
Feb 4, 2009
Upstate NY
yeah the biggest reason why i updated was to get bluetooth/itunes sync

Something that big would probably be mentioned so I didn't expect that (was hoping for it though) but indie expect to be able to hook it to something other than headphones.

mustnotsleep

macrumors 6502
Apr 3, 2010
wtf is wrong with apple. the hardware is amazing but the software is so pathetic. let us use the damn features already.

Sdevante

macrumors 6502
Dec 12, 2008
FWIW iPod bluetooth can be used to connect to a car stereo, which is way awesome.

crazyrog17

macrumors regular
Jan 13, 2009
Michigan
How's the sound quality? I've always thought about trying this in my wifes car but the audio when using the phone is crappy so I didn't think that music would sound much better.

headset (both mic and lo-fi speaker) profiles suck, but A2DP is amazing.

A2DP is a bluetooth profile that supports hi-fi audio throughput.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.