Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MikeM87

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jun 24, 2010
UK
Hey,

Hoping to pick an iPad up tomoz which is going to be bought for me, yes i know extreamly lucky but to say thank you i want to purchase a nice case for my brother who is also purchasing an iPad for himself.

Anyway if you could recommend the best one's out there for me.

Thanks

JonMPLS

macrumors 68000
May 23, 2010
MN
Tons to choose from! Actually, if you want protection, the Apple case is not at all bad while you look through all the other choice out there. Several of which have long lead times to order.

Moxofien

macrumors newbie
Jun 15, 2010
Alaska
I use mine constantly on the go, so I feel an apple case or similar would be the most useful for me, but if I were to use it at home while on the couch, I would just want a sleeve to protect it when not in use.

LadyMacBeth43

macrumors newbie
Apr 7, 2010
InCase Convertible Book Jacket.

I do a LOT of writing on the iPad in Pages. Typing accuracy shot through the roof when I bought this case because of the angle. I actually surprised the guys in the Apple store when I tried it out. I like all the other features, but I needed a case for typing. Any of the slight negatives in the reviews I've learned to deal with.

Mitchrapp

macrumors 6502a
Apr 2, 2010
Tons to choose from! Actually, if you want protection, the Apple case is not at all bad while you look through all the other choice out there. Several of which have long lead times to order.

No kidding. I wanted a new case to replace my apple one, got to flimsy after a little while so I order from a company, I forget who at the moment, in 1st week of June. Suppose to ship in the next week or so. That's a long long time.

FlashHead

macrumors regular
Feb 22, 2010
Marware Eco Vue

Handsome eco-friendly leather case with typing stand and an incredibly useful hand strap on the inside cover so you can walk around with it, without having to grip (this is the KEY differentiating feature for this case).

I do like to use it naked at home, but the case gives solid protection for travel and ease of use while walking around using it.

MacManiac76

macrumors 68000
Apr 21, 2007
Arizona
I actually have the Apple case and have been pretty pleased with it considering all the negative reviews for it out there. It does collect dust easily but I got over that quickly as it is quite easy to clean. You can even just run it under tap water when it gets really bad. I've only had to do that once when I laid it on a dirty table. Mine's in the case almost all the time now as it makes it so much easier to type when folded over the back creating an angled position in my lap.

fupresti

macrumors regular
Jul 2, 2010
I am using some knockoff China case from eBay right now. I have both Otterbox models on order and should have them shortly.

Juno364

macrumors newbie
Mar 16, 2010
I currently use an Invisible Shield to protect the front and back. At the same time I am using the Macally Metrolpad and an Incase Neoprene sleeve. Never can be too over protective.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.