Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xXxDieselxXx

macrumors member
Nov 18, 2012
I got a iPhone 7 for my need, and got a crystal clear View attachment 657548
lADOdIwzUM0JkM0JkA_2448_2448.jpg

This is my Jet Black iPhone 7, and his beautiful partner case

Thank You! Ordered here
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B...ive=9325&linkCode=as2&creativeASIN=B01KLOSGCI

ValO

macrumors 68000
Sep 16, 2012
The airskin hasn't arrived yet. Spigen emailed pre-order customers stating the were having "fit" issues and shipments were delayed 14 days.

However the peel case did arrive and it is amazing! It doesn't really add any grip but it does give the no case feel with scratch protection for us minimalists.

Nice!

Someone have a picture of the peel in black?

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
Man the leather cases are awesome but I can't get one because I'm in healthcare and I caviwipe my phone once a week.

I wouldn't use Caviwipes. The ones I am familiar with contain bleach. That will ruin your screen and may harm the aluminum. Alcohol wipes should work unless you come into contact with C diff (if so, maybe leave your phone in our locker).

If you are using our phone while working with patients, you should probably wipe it down every day.

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
I know there are tons and tons of case threads so I won't start a new one! I am looking for a minimalist case, but something that still shows the back of the phone (at least somewhat) and has a bit of grippy to it. I want to keep my phone naked but its just way to slippery!!! So something minimal, close to naked but provides me some grip!

Ideas guys and gals??

d0hv

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2015
Don't buy the spigen ultra hybrid air cushion if you have jet black iPhone 7 plus. The clear plastic will stick to the gloss of the back of the phone because I guess there is a very small gap in between.
I love this case, but this makes me angry. Now I'm thinking about just getting a leather case.

tallazzPilipino

macrumors 6502
Sep 25, 2015
got that nomadic lifestyle
I know there are tons and tons of case threads so I won't start a new one! I am looking for a minimalist case, but something that still shows the back of the phone (at least somewhat) and has a bit of grippy to it. I want to keep my phone naked but its just way to slippery!!! So something minimal, close to naked but provides me some grip!

Ideas guys and gals??
maybe go with a bumper?

Howyalikdemapls

macrumors 6502a
Sep 2, 2013
I wouldn't use Caviwipes. The ones I am familiar with contain bleach. That will ruin your screen and may harm the aluminum. Alcohol wipes should work unless you come into contact with C diff (if so, maybe leave your phone in our locker).

If you are using our phone while working with patients, you should probably wipe it down every day.
I actually have a container of CaviWipes(TM) with me right now. Active ingredients: Didecyldimethylammonium chloride, ethanol and isopropanol. It does not contain sodium hypochlorite.

Apple recommends only cleaning the screen with water, but I have never noticed any problems from using these wipes on my screen or on the aluminum. I'm unsure of whether they will scratch the Jet Black finish though.

I'm not very familiar with didecyldimethylammonium chloride but it doesn't seem to be as corrosive as sodium hypochlorite. Plus, CaviWipes contain only 0.76% didecyldimethylammonium chloride where bleach can contain between 5.25% and 8.25% sodium hypochlorite.

Last edited:

pocketdoc

macrumors 6502a
Apr 15, 2008
I actually have a container of CaviWipes(TM) with me right now. Active ingredients: Didecyldimethylammonium chloride, ethanol and isopropanol. It does not contain sodium hypochlorite.

Apple recommends only cleaning the screen with water, but I have never noticed any problems from using these wipes on my screen or on the aluminum. I'm unsure of whether they will scratch the Jet Black finish though.

I'm not very familiar with didecyldimethylammonium chloride but it doesn't seem to be as corrosive as sodium hypochlorite. Plus, CaviWipes contain only 0.76% didecyldimethylammonium chloride where bleach can contain between 5.25% and 8.25% sodium hypochlorite.

I am glad there is no bleach. Not sure about the other stuff. Do you think rubbing alcohol would work? That is usually included as a screen cleaner in SP kits. Now that the phone is waterproof, you could also wash it in the sink with soap and water.

Just a thought...

Gypsy36

macrumors regular
Mar 23, 2013
Canada
I'm ashamed to admit I walked away from my carrier's offer of a case (49.99) and a screen protector (39.99) for the bargain price of $90 and wandered into the dollar tree. I got a glass screen protector for a 6s that fits perfectly (and looks a lot like the Belkin one except mine covers the entire screen) and a silicone / hard plastic dual case that, with a little dremel work on the camera lens, works perfectly. $2.50. And I actually like the way it looks. Black on black on black with some horizontal texture to make it less difficult to drop and give some visual interest.

I was planning on switching it out but I'm pretty content to be honest.

seajewel

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2010
I like the Caudabe Veil XT that I ordered. Great fit, good cutouts and protection for camera lens. Far better grip than naked phone. Only con is that the rose gold color is more brown than I would like.. I wanted it to be more of a pink color. I may try Peel if it comes out with the blush color for the iPhone 7 plus.

JSway

macrumors 6502
Sep 9, 2016
So far I've picked up the Apple leather case, slick wraps, and tech 21 mesh.

I'm returning the tech 21, it's too big and bulky.

Going to try and get a refund for my slick wrap, install went horrible (twice).

The Apple leather is by far my favorite! The feel, size, and buttons on the case are all reasons I love it.

Reactions: AVBeatMan

96-HUDSON-96

Suspended
Aug 11, 2016
Hey guys,

Just wondering which cases people have decided to go for? I still haven't received my iPhone 7+ 128gb matte black yet but today when in town I picked up an Apple Leather iPhone 7+ case in (PRODUCT)RED colour, I was going to wait until the phone arrived but knowing my luck we'd go for a phone shortage to a case shortage haha

So which other cases have people been picking up this weekend?
XIII
I have never gone for an apple case as they are too expensive. Here are some cases I bought

CAWjr

macrumors 6502
Jan 19, 2010
Atlanta, GA
I have the Body Glove Satin on my phones, but they are not making the basic Satin for the 7 yet. I want an all TPU case with no plastic & a slim profile so I ordered two cases from Spigen today off Amazon to try them out.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIVX5M4/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o01_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01GIVX1YG/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Got the two Spigen cases last week. The Liquid Armour for my phone & the Liquid Crystal for my wife. The Liquid Armour is possibly the best TPU case I have seen. It fits perfectly, holds tight, and has just the right amount of lip to keep the screen & camera from being scratched if you lay the phone flat.

The Liquid Crystal feels more like a silicone case than a TPU case. When you hold it, the edges move (unlike the Liquid Armour where the edges hold firm) and the texture is more slippery. I understand that is the nature of having a clear case, but as someone who is very tactile conscious, I would have tossed the Liquid Crystal immediately, but my wife is fine with it.

TechnicallyTee

macrumors 68020
May 14, 2013
Atlanta
For some reason I can never get away from the UAG and tempered glass combo. Serves me right and serves me right since I never get AppleCare.

Attachments

• IMG_0152.JPG
    IMG_0152.JPG
    213.5 KB · Views: 399
  • IMG_0153.JPG
    IMG_0153.JPG
    371.6 KB · Views: 385

appygirl82

macrumors 6502a
Oct 4, 2012
Oregon
For some reason I can never get away from the UAG and tempered glass combo. Serves me right and serves me right since I never get AppleCare.

Is that the newest one? The one with more layers of protection?? Is it thicker than the others? My husband swears by his UAG cases also!

trmiv

macrumors regular
Oct 20, 2011
I tried both the uag plasma and the monarch at an att store today. The monarch looks bigger but on the phone actually feels slimmer than the plasma case. It's weird because looking at it it just appears like some big hulking case. I ultimately walked out with the plasma though because I loved the look of the ice clear on matte black. Also the monarch is $60 which is a lot more than I was looking to spend for a case.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.