What causes EyeTV to stop recording?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by BengalDuck, Feb 25, 2007.

1. BengalDuck macrumors regular

I tried to record a game lsat night when I knew I wasn't going to be able to watch it, but when I got home the recording had stopped after just 16 minutes. I have yet to be able to figure out what exactly causes the recording to stop.

I have a Miglia TVMicro connected and set up properly. I even turned off Display and Hard Drive sleep when I was gone so the computer stayed awake all night. I didn't turn off my screen saver so would that cause recording to stop? Is there anything else?

2. kretzy macrumors 604

kretzy

3. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

Get A Dedicated Hard Drive For Recordings

Yeah the best way to make sure all is go is to scratch to a separate FireWire or USB2 HD. I have more than a dozen hangin off this Quad G5. It's an addiciton I don't recommend. :(

4. BengalDuck thread starter macrumors regular

I have 23.37 GB free on my HD (and another ~350 GB free on my external, but I didn't save it there). The total memory taken up from the 16 min. recording was just 180 MB.

5. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Were there any error messages or a log file from EyeTV?

6. Multimedia macrumors 603

Multimedia

23GB Left On The Home Drive Is Dangerously Full

Only 23GB on the home HD is dangerously full. You definitely should scratch to the external. You can copy your EyeTV Archive folder and contents out there, then choose that volume as your scratch - not the folder - then quit and restart EyeTV to get back to what you're used to seeing when you open it but no longer writing to your home HD. Don't forget to delete the EyeTV Archive folder on your home HD after you're up talking to the external instead.

7. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

23 GB free is enough. what type of computer is it?

i guess it could have been the screensaver, but not sure. you could test it out if you want?