What Codecs Do I need For Quicktime 7?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by cdubb213, Jul 18, 2005.

1. cdubb213 macrumors member

Hi, everyone I am new to this forum. I need some help from you guys or gals. I just bought toast 6 titanium and I want to import an AVI file, but I get a warning cannot import because a required codec could not be found.
    The ones I already have are: Divx, 3ivx, and Ac3. I heard of Quicktime MPEG 2 Component, but will it allow me to drag an AVI file in Toast, also is it worth the $19.99.
    I hope someone can help me!

2. risc macrumors 68030

risc

If the movie actually plays in QT it should just work in Toast since you have all the codecs you require. Can you share some more information ie, video codec and audio codec of the file someone might be able to offer some help then.

3. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

With the codecs you have installed, you should be able to handle every AVI file possible on a Mac. Your video is probably encoded in one or more of the obscure Windows-only audiovisual formats allowable in the AVI wrapper.

4. cdubb213 thread starter macrumors member

I have no problems with playing the AVI file, it works perfectly in my quicktime player, but I cannot drag it into toast. What do I do if it is encoded?

5. neocell macrumors 65816

neocell

I would try exporting the avi from quicktime to a mov, or mpeg4 file and then drag the mov or mpeg file to toast

6. cdubb213 thread starter macrumors member

My quicktime 7 doesn't play mpeg4 files, so i cannot drag it into toast, so easily. I get message saying: it is not a file that QuickTime understands (-2048). Anyone knows what do I do next? I already have most of the codecs needed.

7. MisterMe macrumors G4

MisterMe

First, there is no need to set the font size. The default works fine. QuickTime is the basis of MPEG 4. The QuickTime player plays MPEG 4 out of the box. The 3ivx codec will often take over from the Apple codec, but willl play MPEG 4 content perfectly. If you are having difficulty with this MPEG 4 content, then it is likely that your QuickTime installation has been damaged in some fashion.