Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

mtthwcmn1

macrumors member
Original poster
Oct 9, 2011
I like how the white looks, but I don't care for the bezel being white and the screen being black. I like how the black blends in with the screen off and the bezel dissapears in the night. Does the white stay cleaner? Please help with suggestions.

Jordan921

macrumors 603
Jul 7, 2010
Bay Area
I had black before and like it because of how it looked with the screen off. White doesn't show fingerprints as much. I also went with white just for something new.

Edge1978

macrumors 6502
Sep 11, 2011
I agree with above. This decision is entirely up to you. However I am pretty sure you answered your own question ;)
I like how the white looks, but I don't care for the bezel being white and the screen being black. I like how the black blends in with the screen off and the bezel dissapears in the night. Does the white stay cleaner? Please help with suggestions.

jgalan14

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
I gave my white one up for more storage (got me a black with 32gb cause is all they had no white) white one looks really good but if you do a lot paperwork you will see the sheets whiter then the phone lol but the smudges is a plus on the white one I clean my iPhone 4S black more often now then when I used too with the white one

lordofthereef

macrumors G5
Nov 29, 2011
Boston, MA
I went with white. I honestly ish only the back was white and the front was classic black. I considered just buying a new back, but then decided against it.

PaulyD

macrumors 6502
Nov 16, 2010
UK
Its really up to you.

I had black and now white, i like both, just wanted a change

MacAttacked

macrumors member
Oct 21, 2011
Black 3Gs for 2.5 years, wanted a change. I bought the white and figured if I didnt like it I would exchange it for the black.

I put a white Apple bumper on it and absolutely love my white 4s. It ALWAYS looks clean and the bumper just makes it look finished with the gloss white band in place of the stainless band.

White 4s + White Apple bumper .... FTW

bri1212

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2008

Bright Fuchsia, with a chartreuse sides.

llfloyd79

macrumors regular
Aug 28, 2011
Va. Beach, VA.
I say get white. I had white iPhone 4 and I got white iPhone 4S. Wanted to get black to have something different but the white was calling my name again :)

Shrink

macrumors G3
Feb 26, 2011
New England, USA
If you're a guy, whatever you do, DON'T GET WHITE!!

Really, don't do it!!:eek:

Read the other 4,000 threads about this, and you'll find out that white is girlie, none of your friends will have anything to do with you, and your penis will fall off. Really!!

No kidding. All the insecure children will tell you, and it must be the truth, that white is for girls.

So if you want to preserve your masculinity, get the black. For god sake, get the black!!

If you're a woman (I can't tell form your username) then it's Ok to get the white- your friends won't make fun of you, and you don't have a penis to fall off.

But for a guy - white is dangerous!!:eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::p

AndrewR23

Contributor
Jun 24, 2010
What is your gender? If you are male you should get black :) If you are female get white :)

Sorry guys, I had to say it.....:D

I'd agree with this if I was between the age of 13-17 haha.

OP, I've had black phones since 2002 including every iPhone in black. I got the 4S in black, but it felt the same bc I had a black 4.

So I got the 4S in white. Feels like I have a overall new phone.

jgalan14

macrumors 6502
Oct 11, 2011
If you're a guy, whatever you do, DON'T GET WHITE!!

Really, don't do it!!:eek:

Read the other 4,000 threads about this, and you'll find out that white is girlie, none of your friends will have anything to do with you, and your penis will fall off. Really!!

No kidding. All the insecure children will tell you, and it must be the truth, that white is for girls.

So if you want to preserve your masculinity, get the black. For god sake, get the black!!

If you're a woman (I can't tell form your username) then it's Ok to get the white- your friends won't make fun of you, and you don't have a penis to fall off.

But for a guy - white is dangerous!!:eek:

:rolleyes::rolleyes::p

Wtf? Really ?

Hey Jude

macrumors 6502a
May 9, 2008
Florida
Black

I picked up my black iPhone on saturday, and I could not have been happier with my choice. I was still on the fence until I got the Apple store and had a chance to examine both phones, side-by-side. My brother and I both thought that the white phone looked a bit "toy-like", less professional than the black phone, and I was relieved that I had reserved the black, even though I was still so uncertain about the colors.

The black phone is a magnet for prints but I consider that a small tradeoff, all things considered.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.