What color is the cable light for the ibook suppose to be?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by WillMak, Aug 3, 2005.

1. WillMak macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2005
    What color is the cable light supose to be when it's done charging? I recall it being green, mine's currently amber but the external battery checker says I have full charge... :confused:
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    Green means charged, Amber Charging

external being the battery itself? that does not mean that it has a completely full charge, just most of the way there
  3. WillMak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2005
    oh alright thanks, I just got my ibook like 30 minutes ago and was suprised that it came with a almost fully charged battery.
  4. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    they do come with as close to a full charge as possible, but it definitely wont be at max when you get it
  5. WillMak thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jul 29, 2005
    Yea, I can't wait till it's green! it's taking soooooo long!
  6. Jedi128 macrumors 6502

Jul 7, 2005
    New York, NY
    If you have it on, or asleep I have found that it will get to 99% and stay amber for like another 30 minutes afterward before it thinks its fully charged. So if its asleep the best thing to do is ignore the amber light and just look at the percent in the corner of the screen.

I remember when I first charged my iBook as well. It did seem to take forever, but oh was it worth it!!!
  7. TDM21 macrumors 6502a

Jul 7, 2004
    Don't' forget that after your battery is completely charged let the iBook run on battery power until it goes to sleep. This will calibrate the battery and give a more accurate reading of battery power in the future.
  8. wide macrumors 6502a

May 17, 2004
    apple should make a bigger color distinction (like green when charging/blue when charged) for colorblind people
  9. stridey macrumors 65816

Jan 21, 2005
    Massachusetts, Connecticut
    Well, it's not like it's the only way to find out if your battery is charged or charging... or even the only easy way.
  10. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

Jun 29, 2004
    Green and blue are closer on the color wheel than green and amber... aren't green and blue the most commonly mixed up colors for the color blind?
  11. zflauaus macrumors 65816

Nov 19, 2004
    My dad is color blind and when we painted a line on the grass, he couldn't tell the difference between the orange line and the green grass. Just for info.
  12. DDarling macrumors newbie

Jul 17, 2005
    Salt Spring Island, BC, Canada
    It's different for all people. Really there is no set color blindness. Some people can't tell the difference between red and green(which is bad for stop lights) and others like your dad can't do other colors. It all depends on genetics. And also, it is far mor likely to be color blind if you are a guy. Its something like 75% of color blind people are men. It all has to do with those damn Y chromosomes.