What color Nano?

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by runninmac, Sep 7, 2005.

?

What color iPod nano?

1. [att=29955]White[/att]

114 vote(s)
    45.6%
  2. [att=29956]Black[/att]

136 vote(s)
    54.4%
  1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

What color nano is everyone getting? (well whos ordering it)

I think I may go for the black one. It looks different/cool. My only consern is hooking 2 iPods up to one iTunes program.

2. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

White. Black looks great when it's clean, but the instant you get fingerprints or scratches on it, it'll look like crap. (That's the problem with black gloss.) White will look good even when it's been beaten up fairly thoroughly.

I ordered a 4 GB white nano early today... as with my iPod, it will be living on a clean white T-shirt until I get some sort of protective case for it.

EDIT: I have a PSP, and it's impossible to keep clean... not to mention the black car I used to own, which would get dirty between the car wash and my house. Black gloss is just not worth it unless it's stored in a hermetically-sealed environment.

3. pdpfilms macrumors 68020

pdpfilms

White.

Black is new (for apple), but it still doesn't merit buying it. Oh, and don't worry about two ipods on one mac, it works great.

4. Lopez.T.H. macrumors regular

Black gloss.. The Sony PSP is a perfect example. I call mine " the fingerprint magnet"

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

i like teh idea of a black one

I'll be think( its just black will be so new for a little) and i like on black iPod and a white one

well still need a little more $$$ we will think it over

6. runninmac thread starter macrumors 65816

runninmac

Well... im on xp :( :eek: :mad: Thats also another thing I ment to ask... Should I get the nano or continue to save up for the Mac mini? If I get a nano I will probobly take another 2 weeks to get them mini.

7. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

White just like my other iPods

Black really isn't a new color for apple. the powerbook and powermac boxes are both black, along with the iPod box. It was just a matter of time before a product became black again.

Now the real question is, is the nano black iPod in a white box.

and the white nano in a black box

8. mac-er macrumors 65816

I wonder if the next iBooks will come in glossy black too??

9. clayj macrumors 604

clayj

I won't buy one... I like Apple's current offerings of white (iBook, iMac) and silver (PowerBook, PowerMac), because they're both fairly easy to keep clean and they hide scratches fairly well.

My Sony desktops are black, but they're matte black, not gloss... so all they need is a little cleaning with 409 from time to time. (And they're not getting carried around... no potential for them to be scratched, really.) And my old Sony notebooks were all some shade of purple... pretty easy to keep clean, but still somewhat easy to scratch.

White and silver are the best choices for portable items, in my considered opinion.

10. VicMacs macrumors 6502

i liked gray...

but the black looks very tempting...

white is out!

11. maya macrumors 68040

maya

I would go with the standard White, as the Black Nano comes with White headphones I believe.

Would look a tad odd, unless you plan on buying some black Sony headphones instead. :)

12. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....Definitely black for me....but I am not quite ready to buy yet - I really need one with a bit more space so I will probably wait (a while!) until they hit the 8GB size.....oh yeah!

13. Artful Dodger macrumors 68020

Artful Dodger

Well white, I really like that clean look and with a color screen yet in a small pod it should look great for a few years :D

14. aswitcher macrumors 603

aswitcher

The black rocks...no weird grey wheel.

Pitty I have no excuse to buy one though.

If only the ROKR looked like this thing and had a megapixel plus camera!

15. Eniregnat macrumors 68000

Eniregnat

Basic black, like the MIB. In all honesty, I might start saveing for a replacement for my Shuffle.

16. PaRaGoNViCtiM macrumors 6502a

HMMM...I don't know, I would have a hard time deciding! Good thing I'm not getting one. :mad:

17. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

If you're preppy like me: get the white. So positive!

If you're the MCR fans that hang out at my local goth club: black. I can't live by your rules man!

Gosh, i'm a dork!

18. DarkNetworks macrumors 68000

DarkNetworks

i like white..but eventually, its down to u what colour u like and what colour you're gonna buy...so this question is pretty pointless...

19. Doctor Q Administrator

Doctor Q

Staff Member

This thread is now a poll.

The choices:

Attached Files:

20. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

They're both in black boxes.

Attached Files:

21. shadowmoses macrumors 68000

shadowmoses

I'd like to get a black one, but i will have to see them both in relaity first before i make my judgement, its a shame that the storage isnt a bit larger though 4gb and 6gb models would have been better,

SHadOW

22. tsaxer macrumors regular

I still like the cleanness of the white. And I really like this product, take the best of the mini and the shuffle and squash them together. oooh
    Oh, and I really can't bring myself to bellyache about the size...it's flash! That's pretty huge and affordable for flash!

23. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I do like the black one – although as others have said it's trickier to keep looking clean than simple, sleek white. Mind, in saying that I'm still happy with my old 3G iPod, so i won't go rushing out to buy a Nano just yet.

24. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

25. barneygumble macrumors 6502a

black for me! white is getting boring and i really don't mind if it gets dirty wipe it off.

Whats with all the hats on contributors/mods heads i don't get the theme for that?