what color should i paint my room?

Discussion in 'Community' started by funkywhat2, Oct 12, 2002.

1. funkywhat2 macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

i was wondering if anyone had any ideas as to what color i should paint my room. i was thinking a red, but if anyone has any other ideas, i would like to hear them. just to help, most of my furniture is a blonde wood, and im going to have medium shaded floors with a blue rug. thanks for the imput everyone!

2. vniow macrumors G4

Hmmmmm............
    If you're going for red better make it a medium to dark one cuz really bright red won't look good with all the wood you have. Maroon might be OK, but I'd color match just to make sure.
    I think medium to dark blue (more towards medium) would look great, since you have all that semi-light wood in there.

What shade of blue is your rug going to be?

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

As an alternative, you could paint one wall a different color - that's what I did with my media lab. It works great. And you can't see it, but the closet doors are accented with the same color.

Attached Files:

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I would have to say the whitest white you can find

5. funkywhat2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

i like the each wall a different color thing. i was thinking that a few years ago, but my mom wouldn't let me. the color of the rug will change depending on what color the walls will be. thanks so the ideas so far, i'm loving them.:) :) :) :)

6. ShaolinMiddleFinger macrumors 6502a

ShaolinMiddleFinger

light blue....easy as that...... or white....that matches almost everything.....

7. vniow macrumors G4

I think that would be a great idea.:D
    If you or someone you know is really good at painting, you could have all the colors blend a they go into each other.

I think if you do that, there should be no more than two colors though, like have dark blue on one wall, blending into maroon, blending into medium red, which blends into medium blue when blends back into the dark blue.:)

Of course that's assuming your room has 4 walls, unlike some bedrooms I've seen.;)

8. medea macrumors 68030

medea

go watch Trading Spaces, that will give you plenty of ideas.

9. mymemory macrumors 68020

mymemory

Paint it white, if you use any other color you would have to match the carpet and everything. But before you paint something change those cortins first please!

10. funkywhat2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

its not my failt, my mom put them there

but i may change them, they went with my room upstairs (i recently moved)

11. alex_ant macrumors 68020

alex_ant

Matching is for sissies. Purple ceiling, yellow walls, and a green floor is what I say. Honestly though, whatever you do will be fine as long as you take down those garish Apple posters. "Hi, I'm a corporate whore."

In addition to trading spaces, there's that flamingly gay guy on the Discovery Channel who is just "faaaabulous" when it comes to stuff like this. Might want to tune in sometime. :)

12. funkywhat2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

funkywhat2

just because i'm a "corporate whore" doesn't meake me a bad person;) besides, i think i can make them look a little nicer, the lighting's bad and the camera's really crappy.

13. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

whiter walls would make the apple posters look better, and make the whole room verry appleish.

14. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

actually................

I was exiting this thread when I got this ingenius idea. Know how sometime PowerBooks get scratched and you have to get brushed metal paint.... Well paint your room brushed metal! That would be sooooo awesome. Maybe you could just use tin foil as a wall paper. Or maybe you could have your walls be made out of that really cool feeling jelly stuff that they put in wrist rests for keyboards and mousepads. So many ideas are coming into my head now! THe brushed metal one would be very cool though.