What colour is your new nano?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Ubuntu, Sep 14, 2006.

?

What colour?

1. Silver

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  2. Green

12 vote(s)
    18.5%
  3. Black

29 vote(s)
    44.6%
  4. Pink

3 vote(s)
    4.6%
  5. Blue

9 vote(s)
    13.8%
  1. Ubuntu macrumors 68000

Thanks to Johnny Quest for the idea! Thought I'd pollify it.

What colour is your nano? Or what colour are you going to order?

2. Ashapalan macrumors 6502a

3. abeyk macrumors regular

abeyk

Black

Black!! i wish there was a green 8gig iPod :(

4. LaMerVipere macrumors 6502a

LaMerVipere

Green!

I always kicked myself for not buying a green iPod mini after the 1G iPod nano took its place. Now I can rectify that mistake. :)

5. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Could someone please tell me why you'd spend $250 for a nano that holds 2K songs when you can get a 6G iPod video that holds 7,500 and does movies. I just don't understand that unless if it's the size that's tempting, but this makes less sense than when the mini/nanos were $250 and the big iPod was $300.

6. nutman macrumors regular

i couldnt decide and got them all. now its brown. microsoft zune.

7. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'd always get the Flash-based iPod because I use it for running and the hard drive based iPods don't last as well. They're more vulnerable to small freezes from the jolting and they rarely last longer than eight months for me. :)

8. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

Not sure yet. Want to buy one but can't decide :(

9. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

10. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

Try explaining that to the average 15 year old girl and she still won't understand the difference between the two. I guess the size is what will make if for most people.

11. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I'm not allowed within thirty feet of young girls anymore but, if given the chance, I'd say that the nano is more durable as a direct result of the Flash-based storage design. :)

12. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Black -- no choice if I want 8GB.

Might go with Pink for a 4GB model.

13. iMacZealot macrumors 68020

I must say I definitely like this new iPod nano....even though I haven't felt it in my own paws, It looks more solid than the first iPod nano but still thinner. I like the way they merged the two designs of the iPod mini and iPod nano. You can never beat the anodized aluminum in the iPod mini --- mine can handle anything!

14. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I'm in a tossup between pink green and blue if I buy one :eek:

15. Fotograffiti macrumors member

It's all about the size. A lot of people don't care if their iPod plays movies. The Nano is more convenient to put in your pocket or to work out with. I would rather have the small form factor of the Nano seeing as I would rarely ever sit and watch video on my ipod anyway. And I can be perfectly happy carrying around 8 GBs worth of music at any given time.

16. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Good points.

8GB is enough for most to cover their audio needs.

IMHO, 30GB is not enough for videos. 80GB is getting close. To me, the rumored 120GB video iPods will be the sweet point for video. Large enough for large music collections plus a decent video collection.

17. n-abounds macrumors 6502a

n-abounds

I'd get a Nano cause 8GB is more than enough (I mean, I have no problem updating the songs everyday), is smaller, and cheaper (not per GB, but just cheaper in dollar terms)

However, I have a kinda broken iPod Mini 1G in GOLD. Now if they released a Nano in GOLD...I'd buy it in a sec. Gold was so original- no one owned it. But it wasn't an ugly gold, it was kinda a bronzy-gold. Loved it, want it back.

18. Synapple macrumors regular

I got a silver 2GB... just for novelty of it, actually, but in my hands I have to say this thing is sexy :cool:

19. gadgetgirl85 macrumors 68040

gadgetgirl85

I decided I'm going to get a 4GB but I'm in a tossup over colours. Pink green or blue :eek:

20. the future macrumors 6502a

I'm glad I'm not alone... I never understood why the gold mini didn't sell, it was gorgeous. My dream iPod would be a full-size 100 GB model in exactly the anodized aluminum colour the gold mini had.

21. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

green, I would have been happy with silver or black though. :)

22. Over Achiever macrumors 68000

Over Achiever

I use it for running, it's smaller, and now the exterior is much more durable than the larger iPod. I have 70 GB of music, but I love smart playlists, and I'll refresh music on my nano every week or so, so it works out in the end.

Ah, and I love black, as I also have the blackbook. Very professional feeling, plus matches the black earphones I have as so not to scream "iPod".

23. sushi Moderator emeritus

sushi

Well, Black it is. Picked up one yesterday evening.

Black looks great. And so to the other colors.

IMHO, Apple has done great with the new Nano models. :D

24. X5-452 macrumors 6502

X5-452

I normally would say silver, but I really do like the green, even back in it's mini days. However, I saw pics of the blue one and it looks absolutely brilliant. I'm not going to buy a nano anytime soon (although I wish I could), but if I was, it'd be a toss up, but I can see blue winning by a small margin.

25. JeanJPoirier macrumors newbie

JeanJPoirier

I ordered a blue one, due to arrive Wednesday. :D I'm so excited ! I haven't gotten to buy a new Apple product since my Mac mini in January (not including the Canadian keyboard I bought when I found out that I'd probably be studying in Québec and not France, haha.) It was a tough choice at first...I decided on the nano over the iPod because I have the guilty pleasure of wearing girl pants, haha, which have tiny pockets. My first instinct would be silver, but I decided I should add a little color to my life...I ruled out green when I thought it looked too neon-y...I ruled out pink because it's so damn pink, haha...and I ruled out black because I would feel guilty buying the black nano for the price of a full-sized iPod. I can't wait to be the first one with one of these things at my high school, and to have people be really confused when they think it's a mini, but then it's really small...haha. And I'm glad that I bought it with my own hard work ($6.40/hr at McDonald's) unlike all those spoiled rich kids. :)