iPad What Date Does iPad With Wi-Fi + Cellular Go On Sale?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by iphone joe, Nov 8, 2012.

1. macrumors regular

iphone joe

The website continues to say only mid November, Does anyone know an actual date?

2. macrumors newbie

awake

I don't believe an actual date has been given, if I'm wrong someone please correct me. :confused:

3. macrumors newbie

You're not wrong. A concrete date hasn't been released yet. I find that really silly of apple to be honest.

4. macrumors member

Cant't wait. Looking forward to transfer my ipad unlimited 4g plan to the mini.

5. macrumors 603

saving107

Tim Cook originally said 2 weeks after the Wifi went on sale, but then that got changed to mid-november.

6. macrumors member

I just don't get it. Went to several stores over the last 2 weeks, as I was on vacation and decided to do a little shopping.

It is November.... a month and a half until Christmas...

1) Looked for a Kindle Paperwhite - no one had them in a retail store, despite being released a month ago. Amazon.com is showing a mid-December ship date.

2) Looked for an iPad Mini. Not one to be found in a retail store. Then I realized that the one with mobile services wasn't even available yet.

3) Looked for a Surface tablet. Half or the sales people at the stores didn't even know what I was talking about. They are sold out online.

4) Looked for an iPhone 5. Again, none in stock, 3-4 week shipping estimate.

With the holiday season quickly approaching, why are these items not widely available? Is it to create the usual mayhem around the holidays? I would think that they would sell more product if units were more easily obtainable.

If the iPad Mini is supposed to be the big Christmas item, how could there not be a known release date yet?

I'm bored playing this game. If you don't have at least a substantial quantity of available product to meet a reasonable demand, don't drive me nuts. You're losing my attention. At this point, I've decided to keep my old Kindle 3, my iPad 3, my iPhone 4, and what little interest I had in a Windows 8 tablet has waned.

7. macrumors 6502a

Why do you think it is "silly"?

I am waiting on my ordered iPad 4 LTE but would rather Apple say no date than give me one and it be wrong. Things can/have gone wrong on the production line at Foxcom and I think Apple is just being a little conservative of which I can not hold them at blame.:)

8. macrumors regular

The 16th, as said in the keynote.

9. macrumors 6502a

I don't believe that was ever said in the keynote.

10. macrumors 6502a

Anything mini cellular that would be available in mid November was sold on Pre-order.

I am finding mini's and iPhones on the reservation system but you do have to haunt the web every night looking for one.

Just strolling into a store? It's only going to get worse between now and the end of December.

The difference between Apple production and say a Microsoft.
    Apple Knows what to expect, sources parts, runs lines continuously, and is only limited by production capacity.
    A Microsoft and other's will contract to build a batch and see what happens. They then wait in line for another production run.

Apples demand has always exceed production capacity.
    The answer isn't always more plants but plants that can build defect free products even with problems sourced from multiple vendors.

With all the stores and outlets and just in time production I don't think it will ever be a commodity shopping experience.

11. macrumors newbie

Because it's not like the ipads are set for a release all the way next year or something. There supposed to be released this month so why not just give us a date? I would personally have that and I would be okay with the chance it would come a couple days late... as long as I know roughly when it's supposed to be shiiped.

12. macrumors 6502a

What happens if Apple just plain does not have a date yet. How old are you?

I got my date, the 23rd. :p

13. macrumors newbie

how old are you? why are you looking to argue with someone? my previous posts in this thread are my own opinion.

----------

any Canadian users get their ship date yet for ipad 4 with cellular?

14. macrumors regular

Well, not sure how you interpret dates, but it was pretty clear that the wifi release date was 11/2 with the cellular model 2 weeks later.

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/october-2012/

At 66:52. In the US anyway, doesn't specify for the ROW.

15. macrumors 6502a

And I am not entitled to have an opinion? You are getting to upset over nothing. :p

Apple will let you know when your silly date is released.

16. macrumors newbie

The way you responded to my post with your "opinion" was arrogant and rude. My age has nothing to do with an ipad release date. If you have opinions on my questions, and they happen to be rude, don't bother sharing them with us. I'm not on here to have rude conversations about apple products.....

17. macrumors 68020

rmhop81

I know exactly what you mean man. I was excited about iPhone 5 and no longer care, I was excited about iPad mini and no longer care. They keep releasing in more countries and can't even put stock on shelves at any store here in Dallas.

My wife who is like obsessed with iPhone is annoyed also and thinking of another option.

If this is what apple has become I may be sitting out in the future

18. macrumors member

lol! %1000 agree!

19. macrumors 6502a

How about "silly" conversations?:p

20. macrumors newbie

It's really surprising we haven't got a date for the Cellular models yet. What are Apple playing at?

21. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

MacRumor's news page states 11/21 delivery dates so its safe to assume that's when they'll be in stores.

22. macrumors newbie

Dont say that to loud ! Some of these forum members who aren't waiting for their iPad to come are quick to mock us for wanting a more concrete ship date.

----------

The fact is a lot of us in other countries are still getting "late november" which can mean anything from the 20-30th and were just curious about what that exactly means to apple.

23. macrumors newbie

awake

Apple store is saying will ship in 7 days so maybe it'll be available this Friday the 16th?

24. macrumors 6502a

I checked my credit card this morning and saw that an authorization was done for the amount yesterday.y My delivery date is sitting at the 23rd.

They should probably start arriving in AT&T/Apple stores that week?