Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Spudracer

macrumors 6502
Oct 4, 2009
I fail to understand why people insist on ruining a slick content delivery tablet (iPad) with desktop applications. If you want to to do heavy duty content creation grab a MacPro or MacBook Pro. Honestly, I can't believe there are people who think they can run something like iMovie and edit video files on an iPad. Apparently, a lot of people just fundamentally do not understand what the iPad is (or isn't).

CristobalHuet

macrumors 65816
Jan 18, 2008
Montreal
I'm thinking iLife has to somehow make it onto the iPad for it to sever more ties from the computer, especially since it's a "media consumption" device, give us tools to do it!

str1f3

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 24, 2008
I fail to understand why people insist on ruining a slick content delivery tablet (iPad) with desktop applications. If you want to to do heavy duty content creation grab a MacPro or MacBook Pro. Honestly, I can't believe there are people who think they can run something like iMovie and edit video files on an iPad. Apparently, a lot of people just fundamentally do not understand what the iPad is (or isn't).

It can't run professional video and photo editing suites but it can run many desktop apps. There doesn't have to be a full version of iMovie. Reel Director on the iPhone has already proved that video editing on these devices is possible.

Another example us iPhoto. Faces isn't a necessary feature to have on the iPad but it shouldn't be too hard to add Places and to be able to rename photos.

I think you overestimate a users' needs especially when you look at was already possible on the iPhone.

GregGebhardt

macrumors 6502
Feb 5, 2010
I would like to see a Office app that does full editing/creating of .doc files. Not a MAC numbers or words app fan!

Give the app people some time and I think we will see more software available for the iPad than the iPhone. It is only a matter of time and we can all expect the iPad to be improved upon on a regular basis.

Entopia7

macrumors regular
Feb 4, 2008
As far as applications go, I don't have any ideas that haven't been mentioned. I would, however, love sone kind of viewer application for my Sibelius scores that would allow for a limited amount of editing (transposition, etc.). I'd also love a viewer for my Pyware 3d files that would enable them to animate within the application.

I know I can accomplish some of these things with PDFs and video files, but it would be wonderful to eliminate the middle-man, so to speak.

Rick in NC

macrumors member
Jul 2, 2010
Kernersville, NC
As far as applications go, I don't have any ideas that haven't been mentioned. I would, however, love sone kind of viewer application for my Sibelius scores that would allow for a limited amount of editing (transposition, etc.). I'd also love a viewer for my Pyware 3d files that would enable them to animate within the application.

I know I can accomplish some of these things with PDFs and video files, but it would be wonderful to eliminate the middle-man, so to speak.

Same here. It would be great to be in the practice field and change drill on the fly.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.