What did you do for your 4th?

Discussion in 'Community' started by coolocity, Jul 5, 2002.

1. coolocity macrumors regular

Hey guys, just thought we could share our holliday activities. What did you do for the 4th of July?

I made Napalm with some of my friends... :D That stuff is so much fun, you can write words like ****, ****, ***, ****, **** and Mac! Heh.. hehe.. heh..

Enough!

What did you do?

2. King Cobra macrumors 603

Basically, during the morning into the early afternoon, my parents and I went to the beach. I usually like to catch crabs and stuff, so along the beach area with rocks I managed to catch a few, some of them rather aggressive. However, little did I realize that I forgot to put the SPF 30 on my feet. I suffered with a very strong burn since then. Even at the beach it was so hot it felt like a forest.

At least there was an upside, well, a big upside, as there were some people walking past me wearing nothing but a :eek: and :D.

Then we spent the rest of the day indoors and I managed to squeeze in some time on the forums. :cool:

3. job macrumors 68040

job

I nearly nuked my neighbor's house when a rather large bottle rocket when horizontal, not vertical. :D :D

4. sturm375 macrumors 6502

Played a computer game: Neverwinter Nights:)

Went driving through new car lots, just for fun:)

Went to see MIB2:)

Had BBQ:)

Posted on MacRumors:D

Watched stuff blow up:) :eek: :D

5. job macrumors 68040

job

I actually blew stuff up! :D :D :p

6. coolocity thread starter macrumors regular

Hmm, curious, what did you blow up? A cat perhaps? MeoWWW! :D:D:D:D:D

7. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

kept a low profile in ca

we had that nut in the la airport who opened fire at the airport

and in no cal near san jose, the hell's angels were possibly at a motorcycle rally with their enemies...outlaws, mongols, banditos, etc. and there was a huge police presence to prevent violonce between the rival gangs

a man is in a standoff with the california highway patrol in the east bay

an airplane plowed into some people on the ground in southern california

not a good day for california

the rest of the weekend will be less nerve wracking

8. job macrumors 68040

job

I nearly blew up my neighbor's house, :D, but mostly my friends and I blew up plastic gallon containers filled with water. We built our own bottle rocket bazooka out of a black PVC pipe. Fun Stuff! :D

9. coolocity thread starter macrumors regular

A-ha! Yeah, I did a small mod on my potato gun (or as i like to call it my starch rapid deployment facilitator) to let it fire multiple bottle rockets. PVC is the best.

Macrumors needs... a pyro board. :D

10. sturm375 macrumors 6502

I second that:D

Just imagine the flame wars on that board:eek:

11. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Brilliant. Simply brilliant. :)

I drank heavily, barbecued by the pool with friends, and passed out in a drunken stupor. God bless America! :D

12. job macrumors 68040

job

:D Sounds like something you would find in RtCW in some secret lab. :D

13. icetraxxg5 macrumors 6502

I went out on the lake (Yeah, I live in Michigan. THERE ARE JUST TONS OF LAKES! Inland and the Greatlakes but the Greatlakes are a little to big for my 27ft Baja) and it was fun. We shot a lot of fireworks off (ya know the explosive airborn ones :D ) and thats about it.

14. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I've just about avoided the internet for 2 days now...being away from work...I've actually been up to other things that don't involve the computer if u can believe that? ;)

My 4th...

I had bbq with my family...damn...there's nothing better than grilled turkey burgers... :D

then I saw "The Bourne Identity" with a buddy of mine...great movie!!

15. wsteineker macrumors 6502a

wsteineker

Yo Eye, did you and Teabgs go to the movie together? Aww, that's so sweet! Who paid? Oh, I bet it was dutch, what with it being this early in the relationship and all. :D

16. mueng macrumors member

I went to a clearing and shot off about 100 single, double, and triple breaks from mortars as well as rockets, mini-helipcopters. All in all about 1500 dollars worth (friends worked at those temporary fireworks stores). Also barbequed and had a few cases of booze as well as Captain and Tequila.

Only 2 people were hit by fireworks and the seats I took out of my minivan have a big hole in them, but all in all an interesting night that ended with us passed out in the minivans.

17. Rower_CPU Moderator emeritus

Rower_CPU

Camping for me....swimming in crystal clear, spring-fed/snow runoff water (COLD!!!):D...and then cringing as some fools set off fireworks in a National Forest area that is under fire danger conditions (Northern California):mad: