What DJ/mixing Software?

Discussion in 'Digital Audio' started by joey4127, Apr 29, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

joey4127

So I recently ordered a MBP and can't wait to get it :D

One thing I would like to learn and play around with is some music mixing. Like making techno/party music from hip hop songs and stuff like that. So basically adding beats during the songs, speeding up, slowing down, reapeating certain parts more then other parts...Nothing to advanced I guess...

What software would be good for that? I would prefer something free or maybe already included with the MBP.

Thanks!

2. macrumors newbie

Music Mixing Online

A friend pointed me towards www.jamstudio.com. It's an online music machine. Very cool! You can make all your techno beats and burn an MP3. I've never seen anything like it on the net.

3. macrumors 6502

bowzer

4. macrumors newbie

5. macrumors 68040

i use TORQ .. its fully compatible with 10.5.1 but stills works great on 10.5.2 too :)

6. macrumors member

Ableton is great if you want to have lots of advanced music creation features. If you're looking for playback focused DJing try Traktor.

7. macrumors member

Just stumbled on this tonight. It's the best I've tried. You can scratch w/multi-touch. :)

8. macrumors 6502a

hwojtek

I'd stick with the Traktor DJ Studio. You can scratch with a proper turntable...

9. macrumors 6502

headfuzz

Ableton Live all the way. Version 8 should be announced at Summer NAMM in a few weeks. :cool:

10. macrumors member

at the moment i have been using VirtualDJ along with an external controller, it does the job, but hoping to learn ableton at some point. i play hardcore / hardcore techno / and trance if it helps.

11. macrumors 65816

12. macrumors regular

13. macrumors 6502

if your a dj or want to get into djing use traktor or serato scratch live.
    but if all you want to do is make your own mixes. abelton. abelton is great.

but be warned a learning curve is necessary for both
    your not going to be able to make mixes right away takes a little bit of understanding from a djing stand point to make a mix.