What Do I Do Now? (Customer Seeding Program)

Discussion in 'Mac OS X Lion (10.7)' started by 544869, Feb 25, 2011.

1. Guest

I was invited into the Customer Seeding Program yesterday. I went through all the steps, and now when I login it says this:

You are active in this project. We are currently completing the invitation process and setting up the seed. You will receive detailed email instructions when this project is ready.

2. macrumors Core

miles01110

Wait until you receive the e-mail. Honestly I'm not sure how that wasn't fairly obvious given the information you received.

3. macrumors 65816

nomar383

What is this customer seeding program that you speak of?

4. thread starter Guest

Apple invites you to participate in a software seeding project. Our program, Apple Software Customer Seeding, provides customers with access to pre-release software so that they may explore new features, perform early compatibility testing, and submit feedback to Apple engineers. We have selected you, based on a referral and/or prior participation in our program, to assist us in testing an upcoming release of Mac OS X Lion (which now includes Lion Server). Please follow the directions below to complete the invitation process.

5. macrumors member

Musubi

AppleSeed. What was formerly known as CQF (Customer Quality Feedback) over 10 years ago (when limited hardware seeding was also part of the program; now, it is just software). Completely voluntary, requires signing Apple's non disclosure agreement, and requires active participation.

As the OP mentioned, participation in the program is either via prior involvement or via a referral.

This Lion seed will likely be the same as past major OS X seeds where they send out actual media (to the OP, you'll normally receive an email stating that a FedEx package has been sent to you) to install from since that is part of the testing scenario which their QA engineers want to collect information from. I'm also thinking we'll probably also be able to test the Mac App Store route as well.

6. thread starter Guest

I'm impatiently waiting. It's been over 24 hours since I received the initial email. I hate waiting.

7. macrumors member

Musubi

With the customer seeding programs version of the seeding, patience is required since it is sometimes a bit slower for them to get the discs sent out and the disc images on line at the portal for downloading (when it comes to major operating seeds such as this). I believe most of the software engineers who are given the task of leading the seed are also doing it on top of their other projects.

8. macrumors 6502a

9. macrumors member

I just wanted to ask for an update and say that I was also just invited to the Lion preview. Has the OP gotten a disk or email yet?

10. macrumors 6502a

djrod

Invite me to this Customer Seeding Program and we can wait together :p

11. j2048b, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2011

macrumors 6502a

count me in, i as well received an email from them asking me to join to do up some of their program, which i will accept happily!:cool::apple:

AND I AM IN BABAY! LION HERE I ROOOOOAAAAAARRRRR!

i will receive my stuff soon and be part of some seeding stuff for lion!

12. macrumors 6502a

jayhawk11

I would love an invite/referral as well.

13. macrumors 6502a

I would kiss your feet for an invite. I had an invite from someone else but it doesn't deem to be working anymore. :(

14. bozz2006, Mar 30, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

macrumors 68030

bozz2006

15. macrumors 6502a

GOT MY SEED LINK JUST NOW! gonna link up and get me some LION, YUMM!

16. macrumors 6502

could someone please Invite me to this program?

Thanks.

17. macrumors 6502a

No idea. But if you don't want it I'll gladly take it off your hands and see. :D

18. macrumors 65816

nomar383

I'll take a magical invite!

19. bozz2006, Mar 31, 2011
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2011

macrumors 68030

bozz2006

20. macrumors member

I'll give someone a cyber high five for an invite!

21. macrumors 6502a

It's beyond me how they choose, but I got my invite, filled everything out, and the next day I got the links to download everything!

The one thing I did notice is when I did link my apple I'd to the seed links site it shows right away whether ur a part of it or not!

The was a little box that said u r active in this project and wr will be sending u a link when ur stuff gets done

Or something to that effect!

It also does not give me any Info on sending out invites so I am not aware of how to do this, or if I can?

22. macrumors 6502a

I looked it up and it said that you have to either have the "Agent" or "Admin" role in your company. So if you are the one who purchased the account than you do for sure.

Then you just have to go to the "People" tab under the "Member Center"

Then as soon as you're in there you send an invite to my email address. (PLEEEEASE) :D

23. macrumors 6502a

man i am not sure where u looked because i did not purchase anything nor do i see any sort of "people" tab at all?

link maybe?

24. macrumors 6502a

How do I add members to my Mac, iOS, or Safari development team?

If you are enrolled in the Mac, iOS, or Safari Developer Program as a Company you can invite co-workers to join your team. Developers who have either the Agent or Admin role can invite co-workers to their development team from the Member Center under the People tab. Members of your development team can access all the technical resources and benefits that are included with the Developer Program(s) you are enrolled in.

You probably won't be able to send invites if someone else invited you though.

25. macrumors 6502a

Huh? As far as I know, AppleSeed participants can't invite other users... At least, not when I was testing Leopard.