What do I do now with Powermac 4400??

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by noelmac75, Feb 5, 2003.

1. noelmac75 macrumors regular

I'am a bit dissapointed today, sent away my old power supply on my powermac 4400 to get fixed cost me £75 for an exchange, when I went to get it fitted in , it wouldnt turn on, there was like a hum noise coming from the powersupply, would it be that he didnt fit it correctly to the motherboard as he isnt a mac repairer, as there is none about locally so i had to take it the local pc shop. It seems like a real waste of money now and i dont know if i could be bothered spending any more money on it. aw well iam looking forward to my new g4 dual with 17" display coming next week.

Any opinions on what i should do with it, can you sell it off or something, the parts could still be used, theres nothing wrong with the keyboard or monitor, how much do u think i would get for it?

2. TheMightyG macrumors regular

Re: What do I do now with Powermac 4400??

Oh Lord...not much.

Power Mac 7500s and 8500s are pulling 150 bucks tops on ebay, and those boxes were far superior to the 4400s. If you can sell it locally go for it but trying to sell it online wouldn't be worth the hassle IMHO

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

Muahahahaha the Performa virus strikes again.

Sorry not laughing at you.

4. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

The 4400 is by far the most ugly Mac ever made.
    Get rid of it.... or have it converted to a fish tank or something.

5. Dont Hurt Me macrumors 603

Dont Hurt Me