What do u do for lunch?

Discussion in 'Community' started by eyelikeart, Jun 27, 2002.

1. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    This seems like one that hasn't really been tackled by the top thread starter, jefhatfield...

I usually eat at my desk and work while eating everyday. I usually bring something from home to eat because:
    1) it's cheaper than getting lunch out
    2) it's healthier than what most places have around (except for Subway which I do usually once a week or so)
    3) I catch my overtime hours by sticking around for lunch

today I'm having a veggie burger for lunch...a banana...and later for a snack some pretzels w/peanut butter (yummy!!!)

what are u guys doing for lunch??
  2. drastik macrumors 6502a

Apr 10, 2002
    Today I am going to be good and go to the gym. I try to do this four days a week, but the sushi place also beckons. Oh, well, maybe just some eel....mmmmm eel.:D
  3. iGav macrumors G3

Mar 9, 2002
    Subway foot long..... definitely...... ;) :D

Otherwise........ it's sushi or something.....
  4. coolocity macrumors regular

Jun 24, 2002
    Central New York

Well, I work 8-5, with an hour off for lunch. I usually stick around the computer and talk to you guys like I'm doing right now. I always pack a PBJ and a small carton thingy of skim milk. I then wander around aimlesly until I find something to amuse myself with, usually at one of the summer-workers expense. I'm in the tech building which is seperated from the main building, so pretty much anything goes over here. Geeks, typical geeks.

- John-O!
  5. Moxiemike macrumors 68020

Jan 1, 2002
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Re: What do u do for lunch?

I just had a ham and cheese sammmich. With some nice dijon mustard and some lime tortillas on the side. The other day, a client took me to lunch at this poshy restaurant.

I had walnut encrusted salmon with this awesome mayo thing. And red potatoes. Yum

But, in tying in with embarrassing moments, I ended up meeting their new admin asst and it was this girl I made out with at a party a few years back. She winked at me during the "introduction" and was like "Yesssssssssssssssss, I know mIke."

Later on my client was like 'you should ask her out. I think she likes you"

I didn't have the heart to say anything. Heehee
  6. 3rdpath macrumors 68000

Jan 7, 2002
    2nd star on the right and straight till morning
    lunch is usually a baby lettuce and arugala salad, tomatos, cucumber and carrot slivers. balsamic vinegar as a dressing unless i'm feeling frisky and then i top it with tzaziki(sp?).

if i'm not at home then its usually a subway veggie with jalepeno and italian peppers...mmmmm

gotta eat light to stay the lean-mean-love-machine:D
  7. krossfyter macrumors 601

Jan 13, 2002
    secret city
    i eat a chupacabra sometimes. other times i just grap a whole lot of real protein and munch the hell out of it. im a big protein kinda guy.
  8. McFreggle macrumors 6502

Jul 18, 2001
    Dendermonde/Leuven, Belgium
    Alma or sandwich

Most of the times I go to 'Alma', the university restaurant, and sometimes, like I just did, I go to a local butcher to get a 'Club Cheese & Ham', a sandwich with mayonaise, tomatoes, eggs, salad, cheese and ham. Very good!

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

If I am in school I have chicken nuggets with cookies.
    When I am out of school, Mac and Cheese or tortias:)
    I spend half of my lunch posting on Macrumors.
  10. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    ahh...what it was once like to eat anything, as much as u wanted, whenever u wanted...

I started eating healthier after I had to buy bigger sized pants for the 2nd time after high school...now I have trouble finding my size...:rolleyes:

btw...today I'm actually getting out for lunch...Indian...he he he :D
  11. eyelikeart thread starter Moderator emeritus

Jan 2, 2001
    Metairie, LA
    Friday's lunch update...

looks like a change in plans...

Subway...here I come! :D