Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2001
This may have been answered, but what is the designation for the new Powermacs? So far we have had Blue & White, Graphite and Quicksilver. So what is this one called?

Durandal7

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Feb 24, 2001
I looked around at Apple.com. Apple's support area refers to it as "Mirrored Drive Doors" Not quite as catchy as Quicksilver.

Sun Baked

macrumors G5
May 19, 2002
Just think, a Mac with the first built-in vanity mirror.

Too bad they forgot the light.

Hemingray

macrumors 68030
Jan 9, 2002
Ha ha haaa!
"Ohmygodthatssohorridlooking"

"Welliguessitsnottoobadafterall"

"Thebestpowermacdesignever"

This is the first PowerMac codename that changes over time. :rolleyes:

MacBandit

macrumors 604
If you haven't seen this computer in person or haven't spent any time with it you should not be commenting on the appearance. I personally feel this is the best looking tower they have ever made. I don't not feel it's a stop gap maybe only in the DDR aspect wich has been blown way out of proportion. We will have to live with this case and system for 6months to a year. It is one of the best cases they have ever made. I can back this up because I have one.

G5orbust

macrumors 65816
Jun 14, 2002
Originally posted by MacBandit
If you haven't seen this computer in person or haven't spent any time with it you should not be commenting on the appearance. I personally feel this is the best looking tower they have ever made. I don't not feel it's a stop gap maybe only in the DDR aspect wich has been blown way out of proportion. We will have to live with this case and system for 6months to a year. It is one of the best cases they have ever made. I can back this up because I have one.

Hmmmm. In my humble opinion i think the towers from before these (quicksilver) are better looking.

And how the hell did u land a new PM!!!????

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.