what do y'all think...

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by baby duck monge, Sep 8, 2004.

1. baby duck monge macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i have recently been thinking about getting an LCD monitor to replace the HUUUGE CRT monitor currently hooked up to my powermac. then those beautiful new iMacs came out, and i got to thinking that it would be kinda nice to pick one of those up. depending on how much i could get for the powermac, it might actually make sense to pick one up, so that brings me to my real question...

if i were to try selling the powermac, how much do you think i could get for it? it would be nice to avoid ebay, so prices that people might actually pay in a non-bidding environment would be nice (ie: someone from the forum). thanks for your help!

specs:
    dual 1 ghz quicksilver
    512 mb RAM (single chip pc133)
    superdrive (2x)
    nVidia GeForce4 MX(?) 64 mb VRAM video card

anything important i'm leaving out?

thanks for any help!!!!

2. vraxtus macrumors 65816

vraxtus

At least a grand I'd say.

3. baby duck monge thread starter macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

that would be pretty sweet!

also, i forgot that it has no modem or airport card, so those who want to use the internet and don't want to get a card or don't have a high-speed connection would be out of luck.

4. stoid macrumors 601

stoid

5. baby duck monge thread starter macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

i knew i had forgotten something!!

it's got the standard apple 80gig HD in it, but at the moment it also has a second 60gig 7200rmp drive (IBM, i think, but i would have to open it up and look as it's been a while since i put it in there). the machine could be sold with either or both of the drives.

6. kant macrumors 6502

7. ChrisFromCanada macrumors 65816

ChrisFromCanada

I have the same model and have looked into selling it and with 1 GB of RAM and standard 80 GB HD and Standard 64Mb Vid Card I researched and found that this config was usually going for $1400 - $1500.