What do you all think of the Be.ez LeBag ?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Max on Macs, Jul 31, 2006.

1. Max on Macs macrumors 6502

Max on Macs

Hi guys,

What are your opinions on the Be.ez LeBag case for MBP 15" ?

I saw someone wearing one once and it looked alright. I wanted to go into a store and see one properly, but the Apple Store in the UK has them on sale from £69 to £48 and the sale ends today, so I figured I'd just quickly order one. Should be here by the end of the week :)

Opinions?

Thanks

2. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I am also interested in these cases for a macbook. Do the zippers scratch the notebook? Or is there a guard between the zipper and where the notebook will go? Thanks.

3. Max on Macs thread starter macrumors 6502

Max on Macs

Looks like nobody has one. I should get mine this week, next Monday at the latest. I'll let you know what they're like when I do :)

4. The Man macrumors 6502

Oh, I wanted to buy that bag for so long, but I haven't been able to find good reviews. The design seems wonderful with nice attention to detail. I wonder how water resistant it is, that is if it can withstand a rain shower? Please report back here about the bag. Make pictures if you can. Also if you can tell me where the bag is made? I'm a little conscious about this. I'm also looking at Tom Bihn for Made in USA bags. If LE Bag is made in China, I have to think a little while about it. I might still buy it, but I rather support Tom Bihn, you know.

5. Max on Macs thread starter macrumors 6502

Max on Macs

Well Be.ez is a Holland company, and I'm fairly sure all their bags are made in Holland and other parts of Europe also, no cheap ****. I got the notice from Apple this morning saying it's been dispatched and the estimated delivery date is August 4th (Friday). I'll take photos and let you know how it is.

6. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

I thought a bunch of people had these bags.....I guess I'm wrong.

7. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Sorry to bump an older thread... the Le Bag backpacks are gorgeous! I'm seriously considering getting one in the 12" size. So it sounded like no one much had experience with them last year when this post was made... does anyone know a source in the USA (or reasonable shipping charge to here) for this bag?

8. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

9. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I just wanted to update to say I got mine last night. I'll post some more pictures... here are my initial takes (since I haven't found a lot of reviews for this brand).

- It looks very, very elegant closed -- the attention to visual detail is amazing. The zippers for instance use an unusual design so that the zipper teeth are completely covered and not visible when the bag is zipped shut. I've never personally seen zippers like this before. Magnets on the bolsters for the bottom of the shoulder straps streamline the bag and make sure the flaps don't come open if they're unzipped. The color scheme is also very well executed. The materials -- textured nylon and lots of neoprene -- are also very nice. The only attention to material detail thing I don't like so far is that the ties that hold extra strap material close to the main strap can easily pop off (one came off in my bedroom by mistake, and I didn't realize it until I was at the hospital).

- It has lots of form preserving materials so it always keeps its shape. Even when fairly fully encumbered -- an accordian folder with maybe 20 sheets of paper, one notebook, iBook 12", AC adapter, iPod 3G, RAZR, DS Lite, change purse, large wallet, badges, keys, sunglasses, hemp hand cream (god I'm obsessed with that stuff!), lip balm, memory stick -- it still held its shape very nice and had no appearance of being "stuffed."

- As you can see from the site, it has tons of pockets. The pockets are a little bit small -- for instance, the pocket for the AC adaptor leaves a lot hanging out, and most of the items are only 2/3 held in the pocket with 1/3 obscured. There are relatively few large pockets, so since I carry a large wallet, a larger iPod, a DS, etc, I find it hard to find spaces for them all. I do feel like the design emphasized electronics a little too much -- I have a place for my iPod, my DS Lite, my memory stick, my AC adaptor, my cell, my headset. What about my keys and wallet, lip balm, etc? Those things had to be fit into compartments they weren't ideally suited for.

- The bag has no external pockets, and it isn't the easiest bag to pull something out of the inside quickly, with minimal effort

- The pouch for holding the computer is very snug for an iBook (meaning it would probably be a little looser on a Powerbook 12") and seems very well isolated and protected. There's minimal room in the large compartment for anything else beyond the computer -- you'll get a couple of notebooks and folders in, but you won't be carrying textbooks and a computer in this bag.

- The shoulder straps could be a little better padded and they seem to be made for relatively narrow shoulders. I'll have to give them time, but they're not the most comfortable so far that I've ever owned, particularly when loaded. This might be fairly serious to me, although sometimes I just need time to find an adjustment that works.

The bags also come in bronze now with different color contrast inserts (powder blue, magenta, one more). If I could've found that, I would've gone for that over black in a heartbeat. It's still probably the prettiest backpack I've ever seen, based on my preferences.

Overall, so far, using it one day, I give it an A+ for style, an A- for functionality, a B/B- for comfort (need to see on that one).

I'll follow with pictures.

10. EspressoLove macrumors 6502

EspressoLove

hm?

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

You seriously found a two year old thread about a bag for a computer that isn't even in production anymore, to bump it to complain that I never posted pictures? :p

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

You'll have to settle for those... I took some pics of the inside for someone who wanted dimensional details. I mean, I don't even have an iBook anymore. I have the bag still. It's a nice bag.