Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

splintersag

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 17, 2009
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3ACUPJ4C2HX16&v=glance

I'm looking to buy a replacement cable for my iPods, and the Apple-brand replacements are pretty expensive. At 3 bucks each, these seem like a pretty good deal, and most of the reviews are solid, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with this particular brand.

On another note, USB cables work for all models of iPods, right? I've Googled it and found that to true, but I figured I'd check just in case.

Fuchal

macrumors 68030
Sep 30, 2003
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/t..._shr?_encoding=UTF8&m=A3ACUPJ4C2HX16&v=glance

I'm looking to buy a replacement cable for my iPods, and the Apple-brand replacements are pretty expensive. At 3 bucks each, these seem like a pretty good deal, and most of the reviews are solid, but I'm wondering if anyone here has any experience with this particular brand.

On another note, USB cables work for all models of iPods, right? I've Googled it and found that to true, but I figured I'd check just in case.

The cheapest of the cheap will work fine.

Gav2k

macrumors G3
Jul 24, 2009
Yeah go for it but don't start posting about failed updates and corrupt tunes on upload. Cable quality is important!

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I've used this brand for an AV cable for an old iPod and it is crap. And why sell something for 2¢ anyway? Lame!

bruinsrme

macrumors 604
Oct 26, 2008
I have a few of those or similar. the retracting mechanism SUCKS. I disassmbled them so it just a cable.
Going on a year now no issues.
they get used every day

Dino451

macrumors 6502
Sep 12, 2006
I bought the same one about 6 months ago. I keep it in my backpack to charge my ipod in class. I haven't had problems with it but I would not trust it for a main syn/charge cable. The cables are very thin the retract mechanism seems a little flimsy. Ive had another brand of cable and I cant get any ipod to sync with it, but it charges it though. Just a warning.

pukifloyd

macrumors 6502a
Jun 25, 2008
Scottsdale
+1 for more sturdy cable...the retracting mechanism does sucks on these ones...i never buy these kinds of cable...they are delicate and very thin..

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.