What do you do for a living?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by jadekitty24, Nov 5, 2005.

1. jadekitty24 macrumors 65816

jadekitty24

I was just reading some posts and I started to wonder what every poster does for a living. Myself, I am currently un-employed, but most recently worked in a factory as QC/assembler/machine operator. What do you do for a living and what would you LIKE to do for a living?

2. rockthecasbah macrumors 68020

rockthecasbah

well im a full time student (high school), and hold a part time job at CVS as a cashier/stock worker. I average about 14 hours a week, and at $7.50 and hour im earning more than most 16 year olds that are holding jobs that don't get payed under the table...

As for what i'd like to be, it is a very real possibility that i will be a lawyer or something in the field of law. I'm extremely interested in debate, politics, and essentially everything surrounding that field.:)

3. Deepdale macrumors 68000

Deepdale

I re-do numbers on tax returns ... what I would like to have done earlier on was work in the advertising area or be part of broadcast network personnel who decide what new shows make it for an upcoming season.

4. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

I'm a student (high school) and I do the normal stuff....mow some lawns, rake some leaves...:p And I do some hosting and the occasional PC debug service or something.

5. peterparker macrumors regular

peterparker

Programming, web applications. And I like doing it.

6. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

I'm currently in grad school, the degree which will result in my receiving a secondary teaching license in English. I did the business world for twenty years and hated every minute of it.

My wife is being offered a job that will double her salary, but have her travelling quite a bit. She's thrilled to have been recruited like she was! We're all thrilled about the increase in income!

7. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I worked at Tesco for 3 hours once. and at my mates shop for 2 nights.
    Im currently at university and if i worked I wouldnt have time to work on my games, my biggest hobby. my dad earns enough so I dont have to work. but after uni im heading into freelance design, photography and audio production and working for a studio based in town. thats my plan!

8. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

I'm a Paper Boy, Babysitter, and I'm trying to start my own business.

9. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

I'm a uni student/waiter. Although, if all went well, I'll just be a waiter for a while, then back to being a uni student but I won't be a smelly undergrad anymore.

Woo!

10. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Graphic designer who secretly wishes she didn't have to work for a living at all.

11. MattG macrumors 68040

MattG

Working for the IT Department at a small private college, amongst a bunch of Mac-haters (well not really, they're just unenlightened). :rolleyes:

12. PharmD macrumors 6502

I'm a 1st year Pharmacy student at the University of Maryland. Sticking it too all them PC users with my iBook goodness.

13. angelneo macrumors 68000

Right now I have my own little company doing web and online app. At the same time, I am involved with another developing sms, xhtml and imode applications.

14. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Yay for male babysitters! I did quite a bit of sitting when I was a teen. Babysat the original bee girl, and the drummer for Blind Melon! Their parents are my godparents.

15. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Student in high school

translation: I do almost no work, get 100s on english tests I don't study for, and live at home. My mom lets me use her credit card to go buy food at the Wal-Mart Market so I can buy all the tofu I need. YUM. I can also sleep for 10+ hours, starting at 6 PM with no repercussions.

Life is sweet right now.

I expect to have a kicked butt this time next year. Freshman year of College and all. :eek:

16. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Lab Assistant till i am done with Pre-Med and Medical school, then Director of Pathology and the Lab

17. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i'm a college student now, i want to become a producer for tv or something along those lines. As of now, i don't have job, maybe over the summer...

18. tweakers_suck macrumors regular

Forensic Scientist. My specialties are in the areas of controlled substances, drug labs, gunshot residue, fire debris, and soon to be explosive materials.

Oh, I also collect evidence from crime scenes. I hate to be woken up in the middle of the night....

19. iGary Guest

iGary

20. Chundles macrumors G4

Chundles

You forgot "freelance airline critic."

21. Stinkythe1 macrumors regular

I do a variety of things. Most of my time (obviously) is spent on repairing computers at some medical clinics. When those seem to be acting normally, I either design webpages, edit video, design collages, or have to figure out how to do something we've never done before.

I've been fixing their computers for about 6 months now, and I really don't think that I will be able to keep doing it for very long because I'll just go insane, especially after I have switched to mac. I really wish that I could get all of the clinics to dump their Dell's and just get some Mac Mini's, but that's not going to happen because:

1) Their computers would not need to be fixed and our business would suffer.
    2) They have some medical records program that only runs on windows.

Sigh....

Oh, I'm also a student studying graphic design.

22. Les Kern macrumors 68040

Les Kern

Director of Technology... currently suffering though a prolonged period of burn out.
    I want to retire SOOOOO bad.

23. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Post on MR and waste time. :p ;) :)

or, do you mean

What do field of employment are we employed in?

IT. :)

24. iGary Guest

iGary

;) :D