What do you do to whoo people with you Mac?

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by runninmac, Jun 9, 2006.

1. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

Well since school just got out and it seems everyone around me is looking for a new computer I naturally told them to go for a Mac and I would show them mine. Well Im thinking of things to show them that will impress them and I have thought of a few like Dashboard, Front Row, Expose, Dashboard, Spotlight, iLife and Photobooth.

What do you use to whoo you PC friends?

2. Pressure macrumors 68040

Pressure

Just the aesthetic and superior look of the Mac models - they just look so darn much better than their PC bretheren! :D

3. devilot Moderator emeritus

devilot

I don't try to "whoo" any of my Windows-using friends ;) but I don't really try to woo them either.

Eh, if anything ever happens, it's more accidental; something goes wrong w/ their box, they ask me if I know how to fix it; I shrug and mention I never had to deal w/ that issue on my Macs and/or I have a better app/solution w/ Mac OS X.

4. Heb1228 macrumors 68020

Heb1228

Expose, with a ton of windows open. Then Expose in slow motion.

5. Eidorian macrumors Penryn

Eidorian

- No viruses
    - No spyware
    - Built-in wireless
    - Just turn it on and it works
    - Exposé

6. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

celebrian23

As a recent switcher, I'd show them the dock. I didn't realize how inconvienent the windows menu is compared to the dock. It puts everything I want within easy striking distance

7. taybone macrumors member

Except that Windows has quick-launch, same thing minus the ability to see what programs are running, etc.

8. infernohellion macrumors 6502

infernohellion

I will instead hide it. I don't really want to whoo people with what I have.

Anyway, I think using QuickSilver (launching application) and slow-motioned Exposé is enough.

9. mmmcheese macrumors 6502a

mmmcheese

I don't....it's sort of like religion. I figure if they are interested, they will ask me. If they aren't interested, trying to convert them will only annoy them (why else do so many people hide when they see Mormons coming up the front walk?).

10. risc macrumors 68030

risc

I don't bother doing anything. There is nothing worse than a computer hardware (or operating system) zealot (well except religious fundamentalists). I let people use whatever they wish to use. If I ever get asked what kind of computer to buy depending on software needs I'll recommend they buy Apple but I'm not going to force the issue.

11. Mord macrumors G4

Mord

well in my schools pc tech department i just showed them how clean and sooth the bottom of my macbook was and how i can dual boot OS X and windows and apparently thats enough for them, the two people that dident already have macs ordered blackbooks on the spot.