What do you do when you're bored?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by CompUser, Jan 29, 2006.

1. CompUser Guest

What do you do when you are bored?

Usually I surf MR or watch TV.

Right now I am super bored. No ones online to talk to, nothings on TV, I can't find anything interesting to read, I don't feel like watching any of my DVDs, and I don't feel like sleeping.

2. nospleen macrumors 68000

nospleen

I feel your pain. I was just thinking the same thing. I guess I should just go to bed.

3. e²Studios macrumors 68020

e²Studios

I surf MR, watch TV, play Ultima Online, chat with people on TeamSpeak, IRC, and Messengers. Not particularly in that order but its normally what I do when I am bored. On occasion i get in to Soundtrack Pro and make a new track or two that I may or may not later use in a flix.

Ed

4. rickvanr macrumors 68040

rickvanr

I do what the above posters commented on, or I'll fire up Solitaire XL and listen to a Harry Potter audiobook.

5. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

when im really bored i turn off the TV and put on some music and get deep in thought and try to figure some stuff out...time rolls by fast when i do that.

Bless

6. CompUser thread starter Guest

I am really sorry for the mispelling in the title of the is thread. "your" should be "you're"

I always correct people on that :)

7. florencevassy macrumors regular

florencevassy

I am never really bored unless I am waiting for the bus for a long time.

I am generally very busy with work and friends but when I am home I like to surf the internet, play with iphoto or dreamweaver, read magazines (like glamour or business week) watch TV (especially now with all this figure skating on), listen to the radio (classical or oldies) or take a nap.

8. CompUser thread starter Guest

All my friends are sleeping cause they have school tomorrow. However, i am exempt from some midterms so no school for me. :)

I guess I will just have to watch some lame movie on Sci-Fi.

9. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

When I'm bored, usually I'll get my binoculars and stare into my neighbours' windows.

Too bad the zoom on my dSLR camera isn't good enough to take some photos. :(

10. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

I go on the internet when I'm bored. I've got a lot of work to do, both my own projects and coursework but meh, they'll get done somehow!

When I'm really bored and can't do much else I just work on my game, something monotonous like bug fixing or making extra graphics.

11. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

Look at pictures on the internet. :D

But, that only takes 5-10 minutes, so I usually read a book. There's always housework to be done, though.

12. xPismo macrumors 6502a

xPismo

<barry white voice> What kinda' pictures baby? </barry white voice> ;)

Actually I do the same, except for last night. Where I bought $100 in older mac games.... what was I thinking. Now Myth II, Starwars GB, and that US Marines: first to fight game is on the way via amazon. Sigh.

I think its cause I stopped purchasing music on iTunes. Its still a waste, but it cost me less. :mad: I need to start reading books, it costs less. :)

13. ~Shard~ macrumors P6

~Shard~

I surf MacRumors! :D That and play Quinn (damn that addictive game...) :cool:

Actually, when it comes to MR, usually I am multitasking either at work or at home, so I'm never really on MR full-time - just in bursts. ;) :cool:

14. Littleodie914 macrumors 68000

Littleodie914

Either surf MacRumors, play video games (Warcraft 3 and Half-Life 2 are my favorites right now... Along with SOCOM on the PSP!), learn Cocoa programming, or do those cool sudoku puzzles.:rolleyes:

15. bartelby macrumors Core

16. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    If I'm bored in the house, then I check my list of 'things to check' that I keep via Quicksilver whenever I think of something that I mean to look up but don't have time when I think of it.

If that's clear or if it's the fact that I'm staring at a screen that bores me, I make an effort to get off my backside, pick up my camera and a book and head outside to one of the local parks. Sometimes I just walk, if the weather is nice, I people-watch or take photos or read my book. If it's raining, then I tend to hunt out a book or play Solitaire XL. Unfortunately, there's usually something left on my 'to do' list that I've been putting off so if I'm feeling particularly good, I'll work through that.

17. myisha macrumors newbie

myisha

18. Stampyhead macrumors 68020

Stampyhead

I wish I had time to be bored. There are so many things that occupy my time now and so many things I would do if these things weren't occupying my time...
    I have a book I started writing about 3 years ago that I would love to be able to work on. I also have several pieces of music floating around in my head that are begging to be written down, but I don't have much time for that either.

19. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

Grab a guitar and sing your BLUES :cool:

20. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Internet, Video Games, anime, jap movies, sleep

21. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

Who has time to be bored?

I wrote my To Do list for this week last night. I think I am going to need a month to finish it!!!!!

22. buryyourbrideau macrumors 65816

buryyourbrideau

Usually cruise through MR for a little while, make a few phone calls to my friends to talk if im really bored, or just start reading a book that I havent read in a while. I got a 360 on launch and I Never play it actually which is weird because thats most likely what I would normally do when I am bored.

23. greatdevourer macrumors 68000

24. EGT macrumors 68000

EGT

If I'm stuck at home, I play some Sudoku. I've only recently started getting into it and I'm still crap. Very addictive it is.

25. Motley macrumors 6502

Troll slashdot.

Or more accurately "In soviet russia slashdot trolls me"

Seriously though, read books. So many books, so little time.