What do you hate most about your macs?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by Willy S, Jul 9, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Willy S macrumors 6502

What I don´t like about my iMacs is that PCs have more software to choose from and also peripherals.

1. My university sent me some software that is Windoze only, so I have to work on a lousy PC to finish the course.

2. I wanted Audigy2 USB 2.0 5.1 external sound card. No! That is not mac compatible, and the best I can find is M-audio USB 1 something! :mad:

2. eva01 macrumors 601

eva01

Hmmm i hate nothing about it, maybe that i wish it would magically transform into a 1.5Ghz 12" powerbook

never had a problem with software or peripherals

3. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Audigy? That's from Creative, right? They sold a PCI-based card for Macs, except that they chose their fourpoint system instead of 5.1 and charged as if it was 5.1. Then, when Mac OS X came along, they no longer supported it. (Have they changed?)

M-Audio does a good job of supporting Mac OS X. I've have a sonica USB 5.1 external box and it works quite well.

I will admit that there are more software for x86 PCs and Windows but there is a lot of garbage that no one would bother to buy in the Mac market. I've come across a couple of pieces of software I could use on Mac OS X but for the most part, I don't see anything on Windows that I would want for my Macs. Lotus Word Pro and Borland/Corel Quattro Pro and Paradox being the 3 pieces of software I'd really like to have running here.

If there is one thing that really upsets me, it's the fact that the majority of commercial PalmOS software can't be loaded from Mac OS X through an included installer.

4. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

What I hate?

Well, that's a pretty strong word but probably the closest I come to hating Macs is when things are incompatible. Just as everyone else has said. It can be hella frustrating. :(

5. dmw007 macrumors G4

dmw007

Ditto.

Oh well, at least I don't have to put up with Windoze! :D

6. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Having said that, it works the other way too. The only way I could set up my uncle and aunts new wireless internet router was through my iBook. Their brand new Toshiba was useless. Oh, and it wasn't even an AirPort. :confused:

7. Church macrumors regular

Church

The only thing I hate is when it doesn't "just work." The only time that has happened to me is with trying to put a microphone straight into the line-in port and it not working. PCs have it work like that, why can't I? :confused:

8. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

My biggest gripe about macs and its microsofts faut is the crappy version of outlook "entourage". No PST support makes it difficult to exist in the office. Also the poor database support and threading problem. Other than that Macs are King.

9. Duff-Man macrumors 68030

Duff-Man

Duff-Man says....Well, I have never had any problem finding software or hardware to do the job I need it to do so that has never been an issue for me....and being very tech-minded I have never had any trouble fixing any troubles I have had (and any I have had have been extremely minor...).

I can see hardcore gamers being frustrated though as so many of the games come out so much later, if ever.....oh yeah!

10. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

The thing i hate most about Macs is the price. But its worth it. Also i hate not knowing when an update will happen. But thats more of an Apple thing ;)

11. ham_man macrumors 68020

ham_man

The thing I hate most is no Exact Audio Copy or something of the like...

12. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

:confused:

Is that a windows app...? If so, what does it do...? Because I've never had any problems copying various forms of audio on my Macs...

13. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Fear leads to anger, anger leads to hate, hate leads to suffering.

Or Windows.

14. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

For me "hate" is a strong word that I try not to use at all. I do not hate anything or anyone for that matter.

Now, what I don't like about my PB is that I banged it against a table edge and I now have a dent right under the ethernet port :eek: :eek:

That is as far as I will to to disliking my Mac. Everything else is just dandy.

15. Kerry Sanders macrumors regular

Kerry Sanders

I do not hate anything about the Mac. What I do hate is the fact that I have spent way more time at the computer after getting the Mac in May that I ever did on the PC at home before that. :eek:

16. Sol macrumors 68000

Sol

Music & HD performance

For me that is similar to my experience with the iPod. I listen to music a lot more that I did with the 128 MB MP3 player, Discman and Walkman I used before it.

Right now what I do not like about my Mac is the hard drive performance but then I am still using IDE 66 and ATA 100. I can only dream of what the speed boost would be it was to boot up from a RAM drive.

17. broken_keyboard macrumors 65816

broken_keyboard

I think there's too much white in the GUI. It hurts my eyes.

18. nichos macrumors 6502

nichos

Microsoft released a PST import tool for entourage: Available here.
    I work at a university and migrating users from outhouse (outlook) to entourage would be a disaster without this tool. So far, it's worked flawlessly. Good luck.

19. g0gie macrumors regular

Im sorry, I have to break the change and actually list something i HATE. I HATE the crazy amount of heat that comes from my 15'' pb, so HOT that i cant put my LAPTOP on my LAP!!!!. Also the battery life could be a lil better 2-3 hours is a lil low ;(

20. tuartboy macrumors 6502a

tuartboy

Uhh, it's because it is a line-in and not a powered mic in like the PCs you are describing have. Line-ins are for powered devices like recievers. Therefore, any unpowered devices (your mic) won't work because there is no juice on the line. Many PCs actually have both line-in and powered mic in. The powered mic is usually the red one if color coded.

21. dswoodley macrumors 6502a

hate? that's a little strong...peeved - that's closer to how I feel.

I hate that Apple so quickly drops support for the previous OS, forcing me to buy before I really would like to - do they think I am made of money?

22. MacTruck macrumors 65816

MacTruck

Thats pretty cool. Didn't know that existed. Thanks.

23. risc macrumors 68030

risc

What do I hate about my Macs?

The fact I took too long to make the switch!

24. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

the only thing is I wish I had a powerbook.. but a car is more important.. so a souped up iBook and a 93 Elantra works for me.

25. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i also hate that my PB is just to dam sexy. I can't keep my eyes off it!! ;) :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.