What do you have for breakfast each morning?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Sep 29, 2006.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I just want to know what you have for breakfast every morning. I know a lot of people who don't even have breakfast. :rolleyes: Bad for their energy levels, concentration, and metabolism (yes folks, not eating breakfast might actually make you fatter).

I eat muesli cereal with soy milk every day. I don't mind if that sounds boring. I guess I could mix it up a bit and try something else, but I really do enjoy my muesli. :) I also enjoy some bacon and hashed browns in the morning, but this is more rare. I can't eat eggs (not allergic, but it makes me want to throw up), so potato is a decent substitute to go with something like bacon. I don't like the hashed brown "sticks" like you get at McDonalds. I like mine in chunky individual pieces. :)

2. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Banana, handful of dried apricots or other dried fruit, strong milky coffee. Eaten on the run or in front of the Mac.

3. Bibulous macrumors 6502a

4. ZoomZoomZoom macrumors 6502a

ZoomZoomZoom

No breakfast, but that's only because I eat my first meal at 12:10PM. As I have 3 meals a day (lunch, dinner, supper) - you can probably technically consider my first meal as breakfast.

And there, I have whatever the dining commons has. Which is usually some variety of hot dogs, burgers, cheese fries, pasta, cheesesteaks, etc.

5. gauchogolfer macrumors 603

gauchogolfer

I'm becoming thoroughly French-ified. Brioche, orange juice, yogurt, tea, maybe a little fruit. Now when I have bacon, eggs, and all that it doesn't sit so well as it once did.

6. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

^^We won't hold your frenchy-ness against you. ;)

7. Lau Guest

Either toast and Marmite or my own museli. I made it myself with oats and dried fruit and almonds, and then I defrost a mug full of frozen raspberries and blackcurrants by pouring boiling water over them, and after 5 minutes the water's cold and the fruit's defrosted. I then pour the mixture over the museli, as I don't like milk, so cold water on cereal suits me fine. Oh, and I always have a couple of cups of proper black coffee, and usually a glass of water cause I'm always thirsty.

At weekends I'm partial to scrambled egg, if I have any eggs, which is rare. :eek:

I don't especially like breakfast food though. It's really boring compared to the other meals. :D

8. DavidLeblond macrumors 68020

DavidLeblond

Usually some sort of cereal, whatever my wife buys. And coffee. Really, it doesn't matter what I eat as long as it is taken with coffee. Sometimes I just fill a bowl with coffee beans and eat them pretending they're cereal.

Ok, so not really.

9. wimic macrumors regular

wimic

A Xyience XLR8 Tablet and a Blueberry Eggo Waffle! :)

10. iSaint macrumors 603

iSaint

ZING!!!!!! That'll wake you up.

I have coffee with my Powebook first thing. About an hour later I have a big glass of OJ, a banana, and a granola bar to go with my vitamin and Effexor.

11. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

Usually, I don't eat breakfast, but I've heard before what Abstract said, that not eating breakfast slows down the metabolism. So, now I have a box of Cheerios at my desk, and I'll have a dry cup of those in the morning, probably 3-4 times a week.

On the weekends, I usually wake up too late to have any breakfast, and just go straight into lunch. :)

12. iKwick7 macrumors 65816

iKwick7

I'm usually on the run, so every weekday morning a grab a cup of orange juice and either a pop tart or some sort of breakfast bar on the way out. That oj is really all I need.

On the weekends I'll make eggs or have a nice bowl of cereal- Cinnamon Life or Honey Nut Clusters.

13. ziwi macrumors 65816

ziwi

Pretzel and OJ - sometimes Oatmeal instead of pretzel...;)

14. uaaerospace macrumors 6502

Bowl of cereal EVERY weekday morning! One weekends, I usually cook a full meal including eggs, pancakes, oatmeal, and sausage. :D

15. elppa macrumors 68040

elppa

Mmm... Brioche, Mmm... even better, Brioche with Apricot Jam.

I'm getting hungry now.

16. iGary Guest

iGary

Oatmeal and a slice of canteloupe or toast and jam.

If I'm on the run, I get some greasy, icing-drenched cinnamon roll thing at the 7-11 and a 20-ounce Coke to wash it down with. I can actually feel my pancreas wrenching. :cool: :D

I loves me some fat, flour and sugar.

17. timnosenzo macrumors 6502a

timnosenzo

Usually oatmeal or cereal (Cheerios or Corn Flakes) and a glass of OJ. :)

18. sb58 macrumors 6502a

sb58

A porkroll, bacon, and egg sandwhich. heart attack at 30 here i come!

19. Leraste macrumors regular

Leraste

Two plain eggs and a slice of whole wheat toast, or a bowl plain cheerios if I'm on the run.

20. mactastic macrumors 68040

mactastic

Granola bar and a couple cups of decaf. Had to switch from the regular stuff, but can't give up that morning ritual...

Now my brother-in-law likes to talk about a buddy of his who'll fry up a pound of bacon, then fry up two thick slices of "texas toast" in the leftover bacon grease, smear the toast with cream cheese, pile the bacon on, and eat it. :eek:

Yikes!

And Lau, I generally agree with you that breakfast food is the most boring of the three meals with certain exceptions: Fritattas, sweet crepes, and really good egg/potato scrambles.

Anyone who's been to Zachary's in Santa Cruz can vouch for the Mike's Mess on their menu.

21. emdotdee macrumors regular

emdotdee

I have an oat cluster fruit cereal with milk and a good helping of organic live yoghurt. i also add some honey on top unless i'm using a flavoured yoghurt.

started to drink ovaltine in the mornings aswell do to it's added vitamins etc etc.

22. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

23. jamesi macrumors 6502a

jamesi

24. ®îçhå®? macrumors 68000

®îçhå®?

Mainly cereal. My preference is Cinnamon Grahams but is normally Frosties or a Museli type thing.