What do you have?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by forza69, Nov 18, 2012.

1. macrumors 6502a

forza69

Just wondering which :apple: devices you guys have. I have an iPhone 4S, iPad 4, Apple TV, and no computer. My old desktop PC died a couple of weeks ago. The reason I ask is because I'm torn between an iPad and a rMBP. I bought an iPad 4th generation a little less than a week ago, and I'm having a hard time deciding whether I should keep it, or return it and buy a rMBP. Do any of you have all 3? (iPhone, iPad, MBP) and if so, do you use each equally or does one fall behind and make you wish you could still return it?

2. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

you have no computer and an iPad??? I would say to get a refurbished macbook from Apple and keep the iPad.

3. macrumors 603

rgarjr

u definitely need to a get a computer.

4. macrumors 6502

mid-2007 24" iMac (to be replaced with a 2012 27" iMac)
    3rd gen iPod
    3rd gen iPad
    iPhone5

5. macrumors regular

iALLOUT4eva

Hopefully I will have the iPad 4 or mini (have not decided yet) in January

Attached Files:

6. thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

Yeah. I was trying to see if I could do without a computer, and just use an iPad. I'm slowly realizing I was wrong to think that. The iPad is still amazing so I don't know if I should keep it AND buy a computer, or return the iPad and use that money towards a MBP.

7. macrumors member

I have an iPad Mini, an iPhone 5, and a MacBook Air and they get equal use. But lately my iPad Mini has been getting more time.

8. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

well think, do you really need a retina macbook pro? Can you do with getting one of these? http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/specialdeals/mac

9. macrumors 603

rgarjr

retina MB's are pretty expensive, so I would keep the iPad and get yourself a more affordable machine.

10. macrumors 6502a

Gutwrench

As a family we have in-use an iPhone 5, two 4s, three Mac Book Airs, two iPads, one iMac, and honestly I don't know the count but a few assorted nanos and iPods.

11. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

You guys must be freaking rich, however all that apple stuff would just get on my nerves lol.

12. thread starter macrumors 6502a

forza69

13. macrumors 6502a

Gutwrench

I don't think we are, but I know I work my butt off.

14. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

It's apple. You're pretty much getting a new MacBook. Same new packaging and everything.

15. macrumors 68040

TWO2SEVEN

In our house we currently have:

iPhone 5 32gb
    iPhone 5 16gb
    iPad 3 LTE 32gb
    3rd Gen iPod Nano
    6th Gen iPod Nano
    New Mac Mini i5

We also have various accessories to go with each and two HP laptops that are rarely used.

The iPad fills most of our computing needs except for my school work. I use the Mac Mini of that.

16. macrumors regular

Return the iPad and get a MacBook it's way better than an iPad trust me

17. jwlbel, Nov 18, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

macrumors regular

2 - iPhone 5 64GB- mine and husband's
    2 - 160GB iPod classic - mine and husband's
    1 - macbook air 13" (just bought a month ago)
    1 - iPad 2 64GB
    1 - iPad mini 64GB

18. macrumors G5

Macman45

An ipad is just not a substitute for a computer...If confronted with a choice, I'd buy a Mac and let the ipad go....Many people have tried to go down the ipad only route...It just isn't realistic.

19. macrumors 6502

gwang73

I have an iPhone 5, iPad 3 and rMBP. I use my iPhone and rMBP the most and the iPad 3 gets hardly used at all anymore except for reading books or surfing the internet when watching TV. My rMBP gets almost as good battery life as the iPad so I don't think I'd buy an iPad again at least for a few years.

20. macrumors regular

In the house (7 people) we have:
    3 iPhone 5's 64GB in use
    3 iPhone 4S's 32GB in use
    1 iPad 4's 64GB 4G in use (More coming soon)
    5 iPad 2's 64GB 3G in use
    2 15" rMBP in use (1 coming soon)
    3 15" MBP in use
    2 13" MBP in use
    1 Macbook Air in use
    2 iMac's 27" in use
    1 Mac Mini in use
    2 Time Capsule in use
    A bunch of our old MBP's, iPhones, iMacs, iPads, iPods currently not in use.

Might seem like alot, but everyone has a laptop, iPad and iPhone. Between the iPad and MBP, I would definitely suggest the MBP every time.

21. macrumors 68030

tymaster50

Man you guys are freaking rich... or liars, either one lol. But don't you get annoyed at having all those apple products? I don't know where I would be without my ps3.

22. macrumors 65816

Me and gf each have an iPhone. Since getting the iPad, we began fighting over it every night. So I end up buying a rMBP, and then we were fighting over that and no one wants to use the iPad. So I would recommend getting the rMBP.

23. macrumors 68000

JetBlack7

Every :apple: product I own is on my signature ;)

24. macrumors regular

Hi OP,

I currently have the iPhone 5, original iPad and 11" MacBook Air 2012.

My iPhone sees the most usage among all my devices. Simply because it is the only device I have with me all the time. I use it to chat, surf the web, check and response to mails/forums/social network, read books, listen to music, play games, take notes/pictures and a whole lot more.

I use the IPad only on weekends, it acts as an electronic chord sheet when I am playing the guitar.

My MacBook Air is there for work, photo and video editing, banging out long essays, watching movies, playing world of Warcraft, diablo 3 and Starcraft 2.

Personally as an iPhone user, I would pick the Mac over an iPad. Hope that helps. #

25. alphaod, Nov 19, 2012
    Last edited: Nov 19, 2012

macrumors Core

alphaod

I have a Mac Pro for heavy workloads, though I'm looking to upgrade it whenever Apple releases a replacement, if ever.

My MacBook Pro is my workhorse on the go; great computer.

I have replaced by iPad 3 with an iPad mini; I like the portability, though I do wish Apple used a retina display, going from using the iPhone, the MacBook Pro, and the iPad 3 to the mini, everything looks a bit blurry for a few moments.

And I have 2 iPhone 5s, one black, the other white, for travel and US-only, respectively.

I would get a computer. The iPad is not a computer even though Apple wants you to believe it replaces one.