What do you lose access to if your app is not accepted?

Discussion in 'iPhone/iPad Programming' started by jackhdev, Feb 25, 2012.

1. jackhdev, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012

macrumors 6502

I am making an app for my school newspaper and I want to utilize a lot of the technology that Apple offers. However, before any issues can be downloaded, you are required to sign in with a school username and password. I could see this being a problem.

If the app is not accepted and is distributed internally, will I still be able to use the following:

In-App Purchases
    Newsstand
    Push Notifications
    iCloud Syncing

I'm not sure how the Enterprise program works, but the only reason most of the above wouldn't function is because I don't have the correct certificates from Apple. Newsstand and in-app purchases also wouldn't function because they can't be registered in iTunes Connect. Is there anything I can do that I don't know about? Thanks for your help.

2. macrumors 68000

thewitt

3. thread starter macrumors 6502

Will these features work? I obviously can't get the school to pay $300 for something that may not work.

4. macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

Why do you think this is a problem ?

5. thread starter macrumors 6502

I've had apps rejected before because they required a user to "set up" the app before use. I just wanted their first name, and a passcode key for the app. If the app requires a user to sign in before use, and is only meant for a specific audience, I don't know what will happen. And I don't want to spend countless hours making this for nothing...

6. macrumors Pentium

KnightWRX

My bank requires me to sign in before use with their native app and I downloaded it from the App Store...

7. dejo, Feb 25, 2012
    Last edited: Feb 25, 2012

dejo

Staff Member

Perhaps you should contact Apple as to the features and capabilities of the Enterprise Program.

Did you provide the app review team with a test account?

8. macrumors 68030

MattInOz

Couldnt you just move the parts of the newsletter the general community might be interested in to the front of the app. And only password protect part of the information.

9. macrumors newbie

OverByThere

Most apps require you to have an account, Facebook, Path etc.

Aslong as you provide login details in the review notes, so the reviewer can test it, it should be fine.

I have done this, they used the login details I provided, and my App is now live in the AppStore.

10. thread starter macrumors 6502

Great, thanks a lot for that. I feel better now! The reason it requires users to sign in is because the school will be torn apart by the parents if they knew pictures of their kids and their full names were available to anyone.