iPad What do you mainly use your iPad for?

Discussion in 'iPad' started by mattfab, Dec 18, 2012.

1. macrumors member

Do you mainly use it for just web browsing and videos, games, or work or school?

2. SnowLeopard OSX, Dec 18, 2012
    Last edited: Dec 18, 2012

macrumors 6502a

SnowLeopard OSX

Mainly entertainment. Keep updated on news, web browsing, playing lightweight, fun indie games (not large heavy games), photo taking, video taking, e-reading, never used it for work, I do use it for school (access pdfs, powerpoints, school notes), etc.

I also watch a ton of movies on my iPad, as well as videos on YouTube. The iPad has become my main device for Skype and FaceTime because of how much more portable it is compared to my 17'' laptop.

Mostly I'll use it at school and on my daily commutes to school (to and from) on the train which is about an hour each on average. I'll also use it on the couch downstairs, and in bed. It's also a great device for when I want to show someone something that I found on the internet (parents, brothers, friends, etc.) because there are so many cords plugged into my laptop: speakers, wireless mouse, headphone jack, charger -- it's a hassle to unplug all of those and carry around a 17'' laptop every time I want to show something to someone, or work somewhere else other than my room.

The iPad has never been used for heavy computing tasks (like typing long school papers) -- even though I could use the wireless keyboard for it, the apps on my laptop are much more work/heavy computing-friendly.

3. macrumors 68000

MisterKeeks

Remote desktop to Windows for work. Web surfing on car rides (I'm not the driver).

4. macrumors regular

Modem for my MBP.

I have a 1st Gen iPad, 3G, 16GB, jailbroken and running MyWi 5.5.

Have ATT's grandfathered unlimited data plan.

5. macrumors 6502

Inspiration scrapbook and idea keeper. It's also pretty good for navigating the ikea warehouse area.

6. macrumors 68020

Serving Pizza or drinks or as a fanny warmer at NY Giants games.

7. macrumors 6502

smooth

I use mine mainly for reading and it serves as my digital photo album. I do use it as a planner as well and use iCal, Notes and Reminders pretty frequently.

8. macrumors 68020

Fun.... Web browsing, News, Blogs, et al.

That's it, nice and simple.

For computing, my MBP does it just fine :)

9. macrumors 65816

I use it for personal use like browsing, watching movies/TV shows.

I'd like to try and make my iPad the best it can be as a laptop replacement. So, I'd like to use it for work and edit documents and power points without a hassle.

10. macrumors 6502a

As much as it could as a laptop replacement but i still use for laptop for downloading movie and some other tasks.

My Ipad is mainly for browsing, it is very fast. Gaming on certain level but i dont read books or magazine as much before i still prefer the feel and weight of the actual magazine.

Actually i dont really know whether i get enough use of my device. :mad:

11. macrumors 6502a

FlatlinerG

Mostly games, MacRumors, Netflix, and the Air Video app for use with the AppleTV to stream content from my computer.

12. macrumors 65816

Primarily for work - reading and marking up documents, note taking and writing.

13. macrumors member

Web browsing while watching TV or when the PC is being used by others.

14. Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

Reading is my primary purpose but I also do email, and surfing. At night when I'm home, my kids seem to take it over and play their games on it.

15. macrumors member

Light games (crosswords, Sudoku, etc), web surfing (esp. while watching TV), photo viewer occasionally.

16. macrumors 6502a

Web browsing, YouTube, mail, light gaming, viewing photos, drawing

17. macrumors member

Light web surfing (news, blogs, forums), games, youtube, etc. Just for fun.

18. macrumors regular

Everyone at work carries a black notebook to keep notes during meetings - I use my iPad (and ultrathin keyboard cover) instead.

It also affords me the ability to play a quick game of solitaire during the more boring parts of those meetings. :D

19. macrumors G3

Everything I used my computer for, except work.

20. macrumors 603

rgarjr

Streaming/viewing photos/videos from my computer. Surfing web.

21. macrumors 68020

danpass

Mainly?

I suppose I'm an equal opportunity user. I just tried editing in iMovie yesterday lol.

But here is one reason that stands out, airplane use on the kneeboard (my own concoction):

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

22. macrumors regular

I use it at court to view my files and take short notes. if I have to take longer notes ill whip out the MacBook air

23. macrumors G4

Night Spring

Reading. E-books, web articles with RSS Reader+Instapaper, Zite and Flipboard. Some web surfing. Some games, music and videos. But really, mostly reading.

24. macrumors regular

25. macrumors 68040

Badrottie

Light gaming, reading news (also FB and Tweets) and watching Netflix movies. :apple: