What do you miss most?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Jimmieboy, Dec 4, 2006.

?

What do you miss most?

1. ibook

7 vote(s)
    11.1%
  2. powerbook

15 vote(s)
    23.8%
  3. sunflower imac

12 vote(s)
    19.0%
  4. newton

8 vote(s)
    12.7%
  5. cube

15 vote(s)
    23.8%
  6. other

6 vote(s)
    9.5%
  1. Jimmieboy macrumors 6502

Jimmieboy

What piece of hardware from apple, do you miss most?

Mine would have to be the 12" ibook, poor ibook :(

2. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

I wish the newton still worked in os x easily and whatnot. :)

3. tech4all macrumors 68040

tech4all

For me it would have to be either the PowerBook or iBook. But since I have an iBook, mabye the PowerBook a little more. I think that's because when I got into Macs the iBook and PowerBook were the portables. I wasn't into Macs when the other's were around, so I don't have any real attachments to them. Although I remember the iMac G3's when I was in school....all shiny and see through :cool:

4. Leareth macrumors 68000

Leareth

ibook
    12" of almost indestructible goodness, dedicated video card, minimal heat issues, great airport signal, superb battery life and looked different from those crappy plactic black and grey PC boxes.

I had my ibook for 4 years, then upgraded to PB, I miss my ibook ,I actually cried the day I sold it.

5. Scarlet Fever macrumors 68040

Scarlet Fever

1st gen iPod. I loved that one. They were built like a tank. my cousin got one when it first came out, and its only just recently died; the firewire port disconnected from the rest of the logic board. I tried soldering it back but my soldering hand isnt great, and i think i killed the board.

6. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I voted Cube. Not that I ever owned one but I always wanted one. I should have voted iBook, I always loved the clamshell ibooks.

7. Xeem macrumors 6502a

Xeem

I think that the G4 Cube made more of a visual statement than any non-TAM Mac ever made. It could be a long time before Apple makes a move as bold as the Cube again (after all, they did lose a ton of money on it), so it gets my vote.

8. bartelby macrumors Core

9. BengalDuck macrumors regular

Oregon Trail.

May all of my dead siblings and wives R.I.P.

10. macOSX-tastic macrumors 6502a

macOSX-tastic

i would say, ibook / powerbook. even though i have a powerbook, it makes me sad that apple is no longer making it. i dont know when ill be upgrading....when this ol' beauty gives up i guess.

S

11. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Kind of the same...but more from practicality than nostalgia. In other words, here's to hoping that Apple comes out with a shockingly good <4 lb notebook. :)

12. ejb190 macrumors 65816

ejb190

While I like the lighter weight and smaller size of the newer portables, I really miss the swappable bays on the old Wall Street PowerBooks. I find I really don't need a battery plugged in all the time, but alas.

I just recently pulled my old Handspring Visor out and tried to hook it up to my 12" PowerBook G4. Can't get HotSync to install right. But playing around with the Visor - yah, I still love the simplicity and usability.

13. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i voted powerbook....cuz i miss my powerbook that i used to have. it was my first mac laptop (ha, i'm only on my second)

14. beatsme macrumors 65816

beatsme

sunflower iMac. Still the coolest desktop computer design to date.

15. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Cube, since I have always wanted one.

I also miss the colours that one could get with an iMac/iBook.

16. SiliconAddict macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

NEWTON!!!! WAH!!!

I have a iPaq 4700. I also own a Newton 2100. Even today it pains me to look at the two side by side. Knowing that Apple could have pulled an iPod with the Newton if they only stuck it out, refined the hardware. It was only a few years later that the PDA boom occurred and as much as people say otherwise PDA's have never gone away. They simply morphed into blackberry's and PDA phones.

[​IMG]

Jobs should be taken out and beaten. My iPaq, They even got the name right!!, should be running a freaking Apple OS. Not Windows. GRRRRRRRRR.

PS- I still use my Newton for note taking in meetings. Its handwriting to text recog is still best in the industry IMHO. And putting diagrams in notes its 1000x easier then on a laptop.

17. SkyBell macrumors 604

SkyBell

Wow, Wish I had a PDA that cost more then $5.00...

P.S, Nice Newton. :D

18. Jaffa Cake macrumors Core

Jaffa Cake

I would say Clarus the Dogcow (Moof!), but seeing as how you specified hardware I'm going to say the G3 iMac. My first 'modern' Mac was one of these, and although it doesn't match the design ingenuity of the G4 iMac or the coolness of the Cube I've got a bit of a soft spot for them. And who knows where Apple might be now if they hadn't released the original iMac?

19. SpookTheHamster macrumors 65816

SpookTheHamster

12" Powerbook for its size/capabilities (I'm still amazed by my 1GHz model)

Powerbook G3 for the swappable bays and awesome looks.

20. pink-pony115 macrumors regular

pink-pony115

I forgot about Oregon Trail. That game was the best!